Griggs bladders in Europe

MV Aviation

I was researching for people and shops in Europe who had experience installing the Griggs bladder STC for a while. I had no luck finding anyone here. Also, the WEEP NO MORE people from the Netherlands did not respond to two emails, as alternative. So I asked Griggs for the installation manuals and forwarded them to my maintenance shop.
They offered me to install the tanks for 50h (50*63*1,19 = 3748,50€) flat + paint. The size did not matter, so I went straight for the 64Gal. I ordered the kit from Griggs directly and dropped it off with the plane for the annual. EASA STC is available.

Since it was the first time for them, it took a little longer. However, now they know how it works and they did some extra things like tapping more edges and rivets inside the wing than demanded by the manual. Overall I'm really pleased with their work. If you're thinking about getting bladders and have any questions, feel free to contact me or my shop. It's ARDEX Aviation Maintenance in Kyritz, Germany (EDBK).

PS: it was my decision to not have the screws painted. Otherwise they would have done that as well.

EDIT: I received the final bill for the install after this post. Due to the fact that the shop spent considerably more hours than the quoted 50, we agreed that I'd pay for 65h. They relinquished 30 more hours.

IMG_3099.jpeg

IMG_0621.jpeg

IMG_6598.jpeg

IMG_9275.jpeg

Edited by MV Aviation
  • Like 3

Great pics, MV A!

The top of the wing is so nicely integrated with nice smooth parts... their fuel cap is a piece of art!

I’m always surprised that they don’t have a flush piece of sheet metal for use in the fuel sample/drain area...

Probably cost 100 Euro to get a pair made...

Thanks for sharing the pics...

Best regards,

-a-

22 hours ago, Peter De Grove said:

Hi, this is interesting. Could you estimate what the total cost of installation was, please? Thanks.

The price for the install is mentioned above. I don't have the final bill yet, but the 50h is a fix price. Only paint comes on top. 

The 64Gal kit is 8875$, the 54Gal kit would be 6950$ + shipping from the US (300$) and import tax if applicable, no customs duties if you have a form 8130-3 (150$).

12 hours ago, carusoam said:

Great pics, MV A!

The top of the wing is so nicely integrated with nice smooth parts... their fuel cap is a piece of art!

I’m always surprised that they don’t have a flush piece of sheet metal for use in the fuel sample/drain area...

Probably cost 100 Euro to get a pair made...

Thanks for sharing the pics...

Best regards,

-a-

Thanks. I guess that gap helps to drain water if there is any inside the wing for whatever reason. It's the Lowes point of the wing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...