Zero fuel weight limit

Daneshgari

41 minutes ago, Daneshgari said:

Hello everyone. Does anyone know where is the zero fuel weight limit on my POH?

Perry

There is no such thing in our Mooney's. Google is your friend is finding discussions on this. A google search of "Mooneyspace Zero fuel weight limit" found this thread from 2017

This question comes up each time a new WnB user comes aboard...

Some weight and balance apps ask for data regarding the topic that isn’t taught at the PP level... not ever hearing of the topic, then trying to put data into the app is kind of daunting...

Some planes like Mooneys have no limit of what can be put in the plane...   as in we have a useful load... the PIC can decide to put passengers and/or fuel in the plane up to that maximum UL...

zero fuel weight is like the graduate school level of a weight and balance calculations...

So...  Perry, I don’t think you will find anything related to zero fuel weight in the Mooney POH because it is not a Mooney limitation...

If it is... read the section regarding limitations again... there is plenty of limitations related to fuel.   Probably a few paragraphs to be read...

Did you come across this question by using WnB or something similar?

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 2

Hello all. Thank you for all your feedback. This is my 6th Mooney and maybe the last Mooney in the world? It is the newest Acclaim Ultra out there and is gorgeous. The reason I have never faced this before is the fact as it has been mentioned Mooney doesn’t have “Zero Fuel Weight Limit” Frank at factor just confirmed this. There is a section in the ForeFlight that asks for it and if you don’t plug it in it won’t calculate the W&B. 

Perry

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Daneshgari said:

Hello all. Thank you for all your feedback. This is my 6th Mooney and maybe the last Mooney in the world? It is the newest Acclaim Ultra out there and is gorgeous. The reason I have never faced this before is the fact as it has been mentioned Mooney doesn’t have “Zero Fuel Weight Limit” Frank at factor just confirmed this. There is a section in the ForeFlight that asks for it and if you don’t plug it in it won’t calculate the W&B. 

Perry

Perry, first of all CONGRATULATIONS on such a fantastic airplane!!  To overcome the issue with Foreflight and since Mooneys do not have a zero fuel weight, just enter your max gross weight under the zero fuel weight box and you will be in businesses!!  Please share some photos of your plane!! 

• Like 2