Hub Cap

Joe Larussa

1) Call the local MSC....they then call the Mooney factory...

2) Call the organization of allied hangar fairies....  OOAHF.

3) Contact Don

I’m a big fan of supporting your favorite airplane factory...

But #3 above may be a bit more simple...

The M20R has just a round disc with three holes in it... probably a part from Parker(?) the wheel maker...

Best regards,

-a-

The "little bit cupped" is beyond my capabilities. I made one for a friend that was polished (but flat). It took about an hour to make the hubcap, and about 3 hours to polish it. That is why mine are painted. 

But mine have the advantage of having a small hole with a cover, so you can check and add air without having to completely removing the hubcap.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, M20Doc said:

If it left the wheel, you should check the screw holes, they do wear out over time.  With some care you can install a 8-32 Helicoil to restore the hole.

Clarence

We had done that and I swear they were tight when we finished the annual three flights prior. Not sure where they ended up but didn’t do any damage when they came off.

I went through this a few months back, surprising how tough to get such a simple part.  I called Don Maxwell but they never got back to me (after a few inquiries).  I finally contacted my mechanic Phil J. here in Florida and he was nice enough to give me a pair for free.

• Like 1

I can’t understand why anyone would want something that you have to remove to check/replenish the air in the tires. The airplane sits so low to the ground that you can hardly see the wheels anyway. But if you must - LASAR sells stainless steel main gear hubcaps for the CB-pleasing price of $55/pair and nose wheel covers for $45. So for $100 you can have shiny hubcaps. You can paint them if you must. EOT