Acclaim EGE to HPN

Davidv

10 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I've emailed monroyaero a few times and called the number as well. I've never been able to raise anyone there. The website is still up, but I can't seem to reach anyone to take my money and send me the STC.

I can’t remember where I noticed he was still selling the stc but only if one particular shop did the install.  

48 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I've emailed monroyaero a few times and called the number as well. I've never been able to raise anyone there. The website is still up, but I can't seem to reach anyone to take my money and send me the STC.

Paul Beck up in Willmar, MN can install the Long Range Monroy Tanks, also Edison down in Fort Lauderdale (Wet Wingologists) who worked with Jose can do the install.

I’ve done nearly that same route in my 201er KAPA KLDJ nonstop in 9hrs with 3hrs fuel to spare. The more noteworthy thing was that my wife let me skip making a stop near Chicago and endured all the way back without a stop. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

If the Monroy STC was still available from @Gagarin, I'd buy it today. Then next year after the installation and the completion of the Encore conversion... I'd see about breaking the record from SFO to IAD. It's currently held by a 231.

I can get down to 9.5 or 9.3 gph. And at FL260 with a good winter tail wind...  

Was in the Logbooks of my bird when I got it.

3C352C22-EF5A-4DE9-A0E5-36EBC650FAC1.png

• Like 4

13 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

If the Monroy STC was still available from @Gagarin, I'd buy it today. Then next year after the installation and the completion of the Encore conversion... I'd see about breaking the record from SFO to IAD. It's currently held by a 231.

I can get down to 9.5 or 9.3 gph. And at FL260 with a good winter tail wind...  

Go for it ........!

14 hours ago, Davidv said:

You need a few of these long range tanks to go with the Monroy.  I think they are STC - only $159.99 each at aircraft spruce. ($79.99 for experimental)

20575E26-4EB8-4334-B47E-1799E7304850.jpeg

Soooo...I "filled" one of these once and set it next to a fresh one that had not been opened yet...Later when I got thirsty, the unthinkable happened.  I consider the experience advanced level survival training. :-)

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, gsxrpilot said:

I'm fine with that, just tell me which shop.

Paul Beck at weepnomore installed Monroy's into my M20K I think about 4 years ago, during a complete reseal they did for me.  I think it is still an active STC being sold and I highly recommend weepnomore for their workmanship AND service.

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, aviatoreb said:

Paul Beck at weepnomore installed Monroy's into my M20K I think about 4 years ago, during a complete reseal they did for me.  I think it is still an active STC being sold and I highly recommend weepnomore for their workmanship AND service.

The real question is if Paul can still install the stc...

I guess I’ll have to wait until Gagarin returns to compare a M20c to a 172 to find out the answer. 

FDA5352F-9832-4BE6-A8DA-2EEE8D64FA1D.jpeg

14 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

The real question is if Paul can still install the stc...

I guess I’ll have to wait until Gagarin returns to compare a M20c to a 172 to find out the answer. 

FDA5352F-9832-4BE6-A8DA-2EEE8D64FA1D.jpeg

Paul Beck's quote 4 years ago was $3000 for the kit and $4000 labor. He or Edison in Ft. Lauderdale would be be the two I would trust to do the installs since they are experts at sealing up a tank and have done so many of the Long Range STC's.

30 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

Paul Beck's quote 4 years ago was $3000 for the kit and $4000 labor. He or Edison in Ft. Lauderdale would be be the two I would trust to do the installs since they are experts at sealing up a tank and have done so many of the Long Range STC's.

I can't remember Paul's complete quote but I think roughly it was somewhat less if packaged together with a complete tank reseal which I had gone for prior to my paint job.

Edited by aviatoreb

I apologize for my lack of attention to your requests for the Long Range Tanks. I suffered an Ischemic stoke on July 2018 that left me partially paralyzed and weak. This condition made me unable to make kits. I am taking therapy that will make me able to make kits again by next year. I am coming along well but it is a very slow process. Thanks for your patience.

Jose J. Monroy 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Gagarin said:

I apologize for my lack of attention to your requests for the Long Range Tanks. I suffered an Ischemic stoke on July 2018 that left me partially paralyzed and weak. This condition made me unable to make kits. I am taking therapy that will make me able to make kits again by next year. I am coming along well but it is a very slow process. Thanks for your patience.

Jose J. Monroy 

Oh no Jose!!! I am glad to hear from you but I am very sorry to hear of your health difficulties.  Please know we are pulling for a thorough recovery for you.

Sincerely,

Erik

• Like 6

Way to go José!

Surviving is the first step... check! :)

Recovery takes a few more steps...

Practice every day...

I had the honor of working with people recovering from strokes and other sources of TBIs...

It is amazing how people can recover, or learn to do the same things, in a different way... over time...

PP thoughts only, not a speech therapist, or physical therapist of any kind...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 3