Acclaim EGE to HPN

Davidv

4 minutes ago, airtim said:

Could a Bravo do this? If not how close could it come?

If the given bravo can be flown LOP and has monroy tanks i would figure. I doubt the delta between an acclaim and a bravo cruise speed would be large with both of them flying at 12 gallons per hour. The continental becomes a lot more efficent at the higher power settings. This is just a guess. I dont know for sure.

13 minutes ago, gsxrpilot said:

I'm wishing my 252 had the Monroy long range tanks. :-(

A 252, up high, LOP, with long range tanks; you better be talking to Jose about a relief tube.:lol: What would that give you? 10 hours and 1700 nm. (I'm just throwing out numbers without any calculations.)

• Haha 1

Just now, LANCECASPER said:

It's the best mod I know of on a Turbo Mooney - turns it into a trans-continental machine.

Seems like a great mod a non turbo mooney too. 100 gallons in a. J and 130 in an R really allows you to fly far.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Niko182 said:

Seems like a great mod a non turbo mooney too. 100 gallons in a. J and 130 in an R really allows you to fly far.

True, for sure, on any Mooney they offer a lot of flexibility and can help pay for themselves in tankering cheaper fuel.

But eastbound up high where the super tailwinds exist, with long range tanks, you could nearly go west coast to east coast in an K, M or TN, especially in the winter.

1 hour ago, DonMuncy said:

A 252, up high, LOP, with long range tanks; you better be talking to Jose about a relief tube.:lol: What would that give you? 10 hours and 1700 nm. (I'm just throwing out numbers without any calculations.)

About 7-8 hours with reserve after climb out. I just stepped into a 252/Encore with them and speed brakes (and TKS penalty).

In the 17-8k range I see about 10.5 LOP moving around 175-180ish KTAS at 28/25.

My bravo has L/R tanks a few years ago did Amarillo to Wilmington,De approx 1300 miles.. 6 hours with 30 gal remaining, cruise set at 16.5 gph good tailwinds FL 15-17 all our planes with long range tanks cover vast amount of land. 201er seems to go considerably farther in his J 

• Like 2

If the Monroy STC was still available from @Gagarin, I'd buy it today. Then next year after the installation and the completion of the Encore conversion... I'd see about breaking the record from SFO to IAD. It's currently held by a 231.

I can get down to 9.5 or 9.3 gph. And at FL260 with a good winter tail wind...  

• Like 2

If not familiar... and an interesting read...

Also compare Jonathan Paul’s cross country adventure from San Diego area to Georgia.Coast to coast, non-stop in a Normally aspirated Mooney...

Jonathan’s flight was a study of annual weather patterns, and how to know where the tail wind was going to be...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

No reason it shouldn’t be available...

Unless the STC holder thinks you didn’t like his anti-ice / pee tube ideas...

Then selective availability might cause a challenge... :)

Awaiting a response from the fuel tank guy...

Expect PM may be a proper way to communicate the details...

Best regards,

-a-