Mooney factory is open 12/2/19

Deb

3 minutes ago, toto said:

I know we aren't all going to go buy brand-new airplanes this week, but does anyone know for sure whether this merchandise store linked from the mooney.com home page actually produces revenue for Mooney?

https://mooneyspeedshop.merchorders.com/

If so, I could imagine some holiday gifts being purchased by the MS group.

Don’t know.  I did purchase hoodie from this site and would be willing to acquire more fun things.

One can hope .:D

https://dailytimes.com/promotions/article_f44f402c-153a-11ea-960f-3b4021e27776.html?fbclid=IwAR2jgxRhV5oS9S5Z7nwoW5-zKWTY7tayZ5Bc5uKNEQTdy_XzP85zymY4ZKI

"Negotiations ongoing with 'additional investor'"

Hopefully an investor who also brings clear long term vision, industry knowledge, and management expertise to the table....

• Like 1

All I can say is all of us worked really hard getting Mooney back up and going. My thumbs are sore from all of the postings. The stress was almost unbearable.  There is no I in team! Unbelievable!  I just knew we worked great under immense pressure and it certainly has shown itself to be true. I yield the balance of my time to .........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On a serious note.  This is good news and hopefully a plan of sorts is in place. I really do wish we were listened to moving forward but my guess is there will be some status quo. Good news for Kerrville and for the staff and employees of Mooney. I don’t fault Cubcrafters as they have done these postings with symbiotic intent in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yetti said:

So who would buy a new $300K J model?

I actually think there would be a ton of buyers for a $300k J model.  In all seriousness, that's about what you would spend on a "better than new"-type refurbishment a la N205J.  And you'd have a brand-new plane, with none of the gotchas hiding in decades of chicken-scratch logbook entries.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Marauder said:

I just purchased Mooney. And that little rubber intake boot you need is going to be priced at 1,653,499 AMUs. :D

Not a bad price if it comes with a new Mooney attached to it.

Clarence

I actually think there would be a ton of buyers for a $300k J model.  In all seriousness, that's about what you would spend on a "better than new"-type refurbishment a la N205J.  And you'd have a brand-new plane, with none of the gotchas hiding in decades of chicken-scratch logbook entries.

Still out my price range, but I agree the price sounds about right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If they could find one Mooney dealer in each state and each one would keep in stock at least one model of airplane it may go a long way towards people seeing and flying and buying the airplanes. If there is no one out there selling and marketing the product , it will not sell. It would also keep things steady at the factory. I don’t know if they could sell 50 a year or even stay in business at that rate. I can tell you that in other businesses unless there are people pushing and profiting from it the sales pitch is over , people sell what pays the bills  ,  and hopefully they come up with a few good looking paint schemes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy95W said:

^^^^

This thought is scary as crap.

Presumably some workers will not return from the furlough. If there is very little work to do, others who have returned will get the picture and find other employment (the unemployment rate in Texas is quite low). Then, when Mooney gives the 60-day WARN notice, there will be fewer employees who are subject to it.

Or maybe 300 employees are coming back to crank out new Acclaims while four of the thirteen built in the past two years are available for sale right now on Controller.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TGreen said:

Presumably some workers will not return from the furlough. If there is very little work to do, others who have returned will get the picture and find other employment (the unemployment rate in Texas is quite low). Then, when Mooney gives the 60-day WARN notice, there will be fewer employees who are subject to it.

Or maybe 300 employees are coming back to crank out new Acclaims while four of the thirteen built in the past two years are available for sale right now on Controller.

That is insane

19 minutes ago, Derek said:

This thread's half brother about the demise had way more activity but this time. Come on mooniacs get happy!

To quote Paul Bertorelli's recent AvWeb article, "Given its string of shutdowns, bankruptcies, fire sales and stutter starts, saying that Mooney defines hope springs eternal is to do unspeakable violence to the concept."  And the way this particular shutdown was handled does nothing but further erode confidence.  If I were on the fence about buying a new Mooney vs. a competitor brand, watching this shutdown unfold would have certainly driven me away.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, DXB said:

To quote Paul Bertorelli's recent AvWeb article, "Given its string of shutdowns, bankruptcies, fire sales and stutter starts, saying that Mooney defines hope springs eternal is to do unspeakable violence to the concept."  And the way this particular shutdown was handled does nothing but further erode confidence.  If I were on the fence about buying a new Mooney vs. a competitor brand, watching this shutdown unfold would have certainly driven me away.

My thoughts as well. Mooney could use a really good PR campaign right about now.

• Like 1

Many boat mfr's have of recent had dealerships aggregate together to form investment groups that would buy into the manufacturer. The result has been much improved manufacturing and a manufacturer more responsive to the market. The dealers understand the market, the consumer and the product and drive the factory. It is a model that would work in aviation. 

• Like 4

I personally find it next to impossible to purchase anything from the Mooney factory without special phone calls and emails. The website is archaic. Hell, I can research and buy a new car with the touch of a button on my phone and not have to interact with anyone. Why in the world they don’t have a user-friendly website I’ll never know. I would’ve spent many thousands with them each year except I choose other sources for convenience.