Aero Comfort new interior

231LV

A brand new interior from Hector at Aero Comfort. He does beautiful work...a couple of pics...

work was done at Kerrville, TX. The factory sits basically empty...a sad testimony to the faded golden age of Mooney.

next year is a new paint job....

33AE71FA-2784-4B65-B7FC-22E7499808CF.jpeg

27F42240-E675-49D6-8627-2A161ECA189F.jpeg

C7EDAA42-FBA9-4CE2-934D-126F19620636.jpeg

23369B47-8E6C-4CF9-A30D-3264965867C7.jpeg

• Like 8

40 minutes ago, PT20J said:

Very nice. Did he remove and paint the plastic? -- it looks new.

Not exactly......he stripped everything out of the plane, repaired, reinforced and covered the plastic with ultra leather. Replaced all the foam and put new leather on the seats and new carpeting plus a newly covered dash and yokes. Obtaining replacement plastic parts is getting pretty tough. During one of the Mooney bankruptcies, they threw all the molds out for the earlier models including J’s and K ‘s. Hector tried to get in and retrieve them from the dumpsters but couldn’t get permission. Mooney quoted $8000 for a new built seat frame. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think you have a very nicely appointed aircraft too. Can you share how the side panels and/or the glare shield are stitched?  I come from a long history of working with high end European cars and compare a lot of trim work to them so I’m curious how he lays them out then stitches them.