GAD 13 / GDP 59 Pirep wanted

vorlon1

Not [mention=12083]philiplane[/mention] but I believe the IM calls out either the Davtron C307PS for $90 or the Garmin GTP 59 for $500.

What is the difference between the digital and the analog probe? And does the GAD 13 care what one it gets the data from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't forget about the connector - you need to buy that separately if you're not getting the $500 kit from Garmin

GAD 13 - $130

Connector $35

Davtron probe $90.

I bought the connector and GAD from Stein when spruce was out of stock.  I'd recommend them - good people always helpful.   The Davtron probe is "spot on".

• Like 1

The GTP 59 is supposed to be a more accurate temperature probe but IMHO, i doubt anyone needs a 1/10 accuracy for OAT.

GAD 13 is well worth the install and provides as advertised:

• OAT
  • Density Altitude (when the plane is on the ground - ie below a certain speed)
  • Wind speed and direction on the G5 when it is in HSI configuration

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that on my GNS 430W, I now also have the wind speed and direction displayed on the moving map. I don't think that feature is described in the G5 documentation.   My G5 is connected to the GNS430W via the Arinc 429 airdata

ps: no idea why the pictures rotated 

IMG_5103.jpg

IMG_5104.jpg

5 hours ago, bradp said:

Don't forget about the connector - you need to buy that separately if you're not getting the $500 kit from Garmin

GAD 13 - $130

Connector $35

Davtron probe $90.

I bought the connector and GAD from Stein when spruce was out of stock.  I'd recommend them - good people always helpful.   The Davtron probe is "spot on".

Is the Davtron probe part number C307PS?  Want to make sure I order the correct part.

EDIT:  I just read in Appendix A of the G5 install manual, that is the correct part.

On 12/2/2019 at 4:41 PM, kpaul said:

Is the Davtron probe part number C307PS?  Want to make sure I order the correct part.

EDIT:  I just read in Appendix A of the G5 install manual, that is the correct part.

You got it Kevin. That's correct.