M20J Spinner

Alangj

Hi everybody, I am getting somewhat desperate: Our M20J 201 spinner has developed a fatal crack (fatal for the spinner, not me). Anyway, I am having a great deal of difficulty locating a replacement spinner at a reasonable price. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Al

On 11/26/2019 at 9:36 PM, Alangj said:

Hi everybody, I am getting somewhat desperate: Our M20J 201 spinner has developed a fatal crack (fatal for the spinner, not me). Anyway, I am having a great deal of difficulty locating a replacement spinner at a reasonable price. Does anybody have any suggestions?

Al

Need part number or prop type 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:36 PM, Alangj said:

Al

Hi, I have a brand new spinner for a two blade 1992 M20-J. Let me find it tomorrow morning and I’ll send you pics. 

Thank you everybody for responding.

Status update: Loewen’s doesn’t have the part. I sent pictures of the cracked spinner to AeroSupport, inquiring about whether it’s repairable,  but they haven’t gotten back to me. We found a spinner from a 1977 M20J 201 (our’s is a 1985), which fits perfectly except the holes along the U-shaped prop blade cutouts do not line up. So, I guess we’re still looking for the perfect replacement. The prop is the standard McCauley for that year (#82D34Cbl4/PODHB-16E or -16EP*). If anybody has a potential replacement and has pix, I can tell by sight whether those cutout holes would line up or not. 

KS Mooniac - I would think we’d be happy to sell our cracked spinner. 

Alan Fox - I’m not certain what fair price is for these, but any reasonable price would be fine.  

On 11/26/2019 at 8:36 PM, Alangj said:

Al

Check with Spinner Repairs 404-559-1946, www. spinner-repairs.com. They fixed a crack on a 172 spinner several years ago, and it's still looking good. 

On 11/26/2019 at 6:36 PM, Alangj said:

Al

I have a brand new spinner PN : 680031-039.

Please email me when you need it.

fairwaysaviation@gmail.com

I just scrapped my McCauley 2 Blade for a Hartzell on my 1978J.

I have the spinner and backing plate and hardware. PM me your mobile number and I can send some pictures of it if you still need it.

I’m in Canada, so expect slightly higher shipping than in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, we decided to have our cracked spinner repaired by AeroSupport. They strip the spinner before repair and it will return to us as bare aluminum. Spinner was originally white and we will return it to it’s former color. Does anybody know where I might go to get it painted and what paint is best for spinners We are located in the San Francisco area. 

A