David Clark Company Customer Service

Some folks here may know that I am a fan of David Clark Company, Worcester MA. "An Employee Owned, American Company." Founded many years ago by David Clark who trained his employees to "take care of their customers". https://www.davidclarkcompany.com/

Even though their headsets are incredibly tough I have had a few occasions to deal with their Customer Service folks. They've always gone beyond my expectations and did it happily. Today that was Joanne Nissen, Senior Customer Service Representative.

When we started up the plane yesterday morning at KMRN I discovered my DC One-X set could neither receive nor xmit. I found the cord was broken out where it connects to the ear piece. I suspect it got crushed by the seat track. I swiped Nancy's DC Pro-X and we flew to 6B6 for Thanksgiving with our daughter's family. Since the DC factory is only a 30 minute drive from Sharon's house I arrived at the factory at 11:30 this morning. Joanne took the headset and my phone #. They'd work on it and I should come back after lunch. When we returned at 1:30 I was given a brand new headset as replacement. Since mine was bought at AirVenture 2016 DC-CS view was that it was too new to fail, apparently for any reason. Once again DC managed to exceed my already high expectations.     

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

The other day, I left my Halos at home accidentally...

My 20year Old DCs came off the back shelf and worked like they were being used yesterday...

Great description of a well run American company, Bob.  Thanks for sharing it.

Best regards,

-a-

Anthony, my 2 back seat headsets are DC H10-30s. They go back to my first M20E in 1977. As related here some time ago, DC refurbished them to new condition in 2012 when I started back flying. At that time Customer Service apologized for charging me... explaining they were after all out of warranty by 30 or 40 years. 

• Haha 1