Aopa free socks?

RobertGary1

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

When signing up for AOPA, I checked the turbine box... for the free extra pages of turbine section...

I filled out some survey and apparently an ATP and a type rating or two automatically triggers the turbine edition. 

After a few phone calls that did nothing, an intervention by one of the AOPA Pilot editors got me back into the regular issue. 

I wanted the eye candy on the cover to be things I really wanted to fly for fun. 

Edited by Pasturepilot
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

Lee, your jealousy is showing!  :):):)

What triggers the free gift?

Best regards,

-a-

They’ve been slowly upping the gifts since I’ve not been renewing.  I just don’t feel like I get the value out of it anymore. I can fly any of a number of planes when I want so I no longer sit around and fantasize about flying. If I’m going to read it’s going to be a good book not a magazine  i also got turned off when they started nickel and diming each service (legal, medical, etc).  

Btw if you’re looking for a good pilot book you have to read Fate is the Hunter. 

-Robert 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, donkaye said:

Why not both?  

I’ve been an AOPA member for 28 years, and an EAA member for 13. If I had to give up one, I would drop AOPA in a heartbeat, but I’ll stay an EAA member for the rest of my life. 

Even though I fly professionally, EAA seems to represent me and my interests more than AOPA does. AOPA is trying to be diversified to fit everyone under its tent. EAA continues to be grass-roots GA. 

The only reason I continue with my AOPA membership is because I’m the Airport Support Network volunteer for my airport. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, donkaye said:

Why not both?  

9 minutes ago, Andy95W said:

I’ve been an AOPA member for 28 years, and an EAA member for 13. If I had to give up one, I would drop AOPA in a heartbeat, but I’ll stay an EAA member for the rest of my life. 

Even though I fly professionally, EAA seems to represent me and my interests more than AOPA does. AOPA is trying to be diversified to fit everyone under its tent. EAA continues to be grass-roots GA. 

The only reason I continue with my AOPA membership is because I’m the Airport Support Network volunteer for my airport. 

Pretty much sums up why I dropped AOPA and switched over to EAA. And why not both? I'd get kicked out of the CB club for sure! :lol:

• Like 1