Garmin G5 Question TAS

10 hours ago, Tcraft938 said:

I’m curious if anyone has had a G5 or two for awhile and has done the upgrade that will give you true airspeed, wind direction and speed?  My understanding it needs something like GAD 33 installed. How hard and expensive with that?   Thanks

One of my Bonanzas has it along with the rate of climb and altitude pre-select. I did not personally install it of have it installed but I do see the GAD 33 listed on my equipment list. I thought that is what they were using to couple it to the KFC 200 auto pilot,  or to couple the AHRS to the G500 so its the auto pilots primary attitude reference. I may VERY well be wrong.

9816FCAC-9FCC-42D0-959C-FD454E2D43CE.png

1CED6F20-C9F0-4AB6-9A97-A8D483FE14A0.png

5 hours ago, Marauder said:

What's a few more AMUs spent on GMUs, GDLs or any other 3 letter money grabbing abbreviation? :D

Exactly why when I install my G5, I’ll put in the GAD33, because, you know, it’s only an extra $500.

If it was $800, I probably wouldn’t. Garmin must have some scary algorithm that knows exactly how to price their stuff.