Airspeed safety switch

I have finally installed a G5 replacing my old AI. That's the good news. The bad news is that a leak was found in my airspeed safety switch 880013-505. It's is "flyable" but I need to replace it soon. Does anyone have any idea where to find one? I have done some research with no luck yet.

Thanks! 

Thanks. It turns out it's about $1k, maybe more! Do we have a replacement and/or a different pn#? There was a major leak in my Airspeed Indicator that I needed to replace. Not sure how things were impacting each-other. I will need to overhaul my VSI as well...for now it's still within tolerance. 

On 11/23/2019 at 4:05 AM, FastTex said:

I have finally installed a G5 replacing my old AI. That's the good news. The bad news is that a leak was found in my airspeed safety switch 880013-505. It's is "flyable" but I need to replace it soon. Does anyone have any idea where to find one? I have done some research with no luck yet.

Thanks! 

I had the same issue and ended up buying the retrofit switch from Lasar (around $675). Are you Sure it’s the switch? What are the symptoms?

8 hours ago, Zack EA said:

I had the same issue and ended up buying the retrofit switch from Lasar (around $675). Are you Sure it’s the switch? What are the symptoms?

Gear didn't go up. A&P worked on the whole pitot circuit and found Airspeed Indicator severe leak (already fixed) and speed switch. The membrane needs to be replaced. They cleaned it and now it's working. But I was told it won't last long...

Lasar sent me a quote for $1100...what's the retrofit switch you both for half? Did you replace the whole mechanism or just part of it?

3 hours ago, FastTex said:

Gear didn't go up. A&P worked on the whole pitot circuit and found Airspeed Indicator severe leak (already fixed) and speed switch. The membrane needs to be replaced. They cleaned it and now it's working. But I was told it won't last long...

Lasar sent me a quote for $1100...what's the retrofit switch you both for half? Did you replace the whole mechanism or just part of it?

I replaced the switch only, didnt need the whole retrofit kit (which is expensive).

Im not sure if the switch will work temporarily if repaired, these switched are not repairable as far as I know, you may have a different type of switch.

Do you have an override button? The gear should go up if you put the gear lever in the up position and press the override button, since the override button bypasses this switch (do it in flight or on safe jacks only!).

Im not a mechanic but I am describing how we fixed the issue that I had. My gear wont retract below 100 KT (it should retract around 65KT).