Silent Auction - Watercolor by John Liskey aka bonal

kpaul

For the second year at the Summit our very own John Liskey @bonaldonated his talent to the available items in the silent auction.  Last year I was out bid, this year I was fortunate to come out on top when the bidding closed.

I will begin by saying that John was great to work with, a few emails and a couple phone calls and he was off to create his masterpiece.  Despite forest fires and rolling blackouts, John was always in touch giving updates on the progress.  Well today the finished project arrived on my door step.  The finished product...all I can say is WOW!  I had image in my mind that paled in comparison to what John was able to do with a paint brush.  The little details captured really make the painting.  He even cleaned the belly! :) 

I would recommend that anyone who loves their plane and enjoys aviation art to talk to John.  Oh, he also does other modes of transportation. 

I am afraid that it doesn't photograph as well as it shows in person, but here are some shots.

20191121_150808.thumb.jpg.e91a93aacc669f52c1b2d23ed8d0882d.jpg20191121_150817.thumb.jpg.f4af57bdba0ec0fbeafcb66ceb368f79.jpg20191121_150823.thumb.jpg.ffe4d92b73d97a457a89ca534a3c0d2c.jpg20191121_150828.thumb.jpg.239914e76e773078aad43d80309b6d76.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Outstanding Kevin! Thanks again for your wonderful donation, John. The incredible amount of time you spend on this is shown in the quality of painting you do. Your kind donation of this time will help a Mooney Pilot's family at a very sad time and is a reflection of the quality of person you are.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the club Kevin. John is Really awesome to work with and puts much thought into the painting before he even begins. One of my regular missions was flying from FL to Ohio to visit my daughter in college before she graduated. This painting features 88V over Clingmans Dome in Tennessee. This was our “just past halfway” point on the 4.5 hour flight. 
Think about how truly cool it is to have an original work of art, featuring your personal aircraft and painted by a fellow aviator who also flies a Mooney.  Glad to see John has continued to donate his talent to Mooney Summit. 

C7344A70-5546-40F6-BA81-EAF92F8AA686.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...