Brittain Update (sort of...)

I just wanted to pass along parts of a conversation I had with Cecilia at Brittain a couple weeks ago. I was inquiring about the status of their ability to provide retract step servo boots again, as theyve been aiming for for some time now. There were no firm details, but the last half dozen times id asked her this over the past ~year she honestly didnt sound very hopeful on the subject and didnt have any time estimate to offer. This time she seemed fairly upbeat and somewhat confident that it was going to happen and offered a time estimate of late spring or summer. So perhaps things are starting to solidify for their path forward with the FAA (PMA approval, etc. ?). Anyway, I sure hope they make it back online.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

When I have a spare 300$ I'm going to get the electric conversion.  I would however like to get my TC with PC overhauled.  It's currently working but there are some quirks to it.  It's been incredibly useful and I'd like to know I have someplace that can help me keep it running.
Have you talked to porter Strait? They can do pretty comprehensive diagnostics and repairs on the units.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, chriscalandro said:

When I have a spare 300$ I'm going to get the electric conversion.  I would however like to get my TC with PC overhauled.  It's currently working but there are some quirks to it.  It's been incredibly useful and I'd like to know I have someplace that can help me keep it running.

About six months ago, the Britain lady recommended a company in Tulsa for overhauling my TC.  The company was Pierce and Strait.  They were great to work with and did a fabulous job.  I now have an operative wing leveler in the Mooney.  You probably can google up their contact info, but if you can’t, let me know and I will dig it up for you.

Whoops, the previous poster said Porter and a Strait.  Maybe that is correct.  My memory is not what it used to be.

Edited by MBDiagMan