largest IOS phone/tablet for right side of panel

kris_adams

On 11/18/2019 at 1:41 PM, MIm20c said:

Your panel is probably similar to @Rmag ...

14B886A2-B7F4-4D99-BB3E-61F82DC7A6DD.jpeg

@Kris_Adams mine is an Air Gizmos mount so the iPad is removable, the button on the right center ejects it.  Regular iPad won’t fit.  I had an iPad mini 4 originally, now it’s an iPad mini 5.

Regarding mounting an iPad there: it depends how you use your iPad. I am essentially using it for database updates and flight plan transfers via a Garmin flightstream 510. It is also a back up in case of and electrical loss. It is also nice for a copilot to mess around with. If you are using it as some kind of a primary or chart reader, it is not an ideal spot over on the right. But with all the glass I have in my cockpit I do not need it as a primary so it serves its intended function over there perfectly well for me.

• Like 2

A previous owner of my 20S installed a dock for a Garmin 796 on the right side of the panel. It is bright and easy to see, and the right-seater is welcome to pinch, zoom, pan, and play to his heart’s content. It is slaved to the panel-installed Garmin 650, so the flight plan is displayed. But I am entirely happy with the AspenPro in front of me, and the iPad mini on my yoke running FlyQ. Hardly ever feel the need for the copilot’s screen. I would use the Garmin 796 more, perhaps, if it received ADSB info from Stratus3, but when I learned how much big G wanted to even look at its own inop receiver, I gave up on the 796 for much more than passenger amusement.