Exhaust Gasket

Hey guys, I’ve searched and searched the forum for over an hour and couldn’t find anything, hoping for some help. I need two cylinder exhaust gaskets but can’t find the right one or right part number to check on aircraftspruce. It’s a 1964 M20E with 200HP injected Lycoming 360 A1A. Thanks! 

Could be that they are Lycoming specific parts...

With all the detail you gave here... I would expect that to be enough to detail the exhaust gaskets.

Where did you run into trouble?

upon further review... I found some gaskets that are pretty high tech... not just a gasket material cut to the right size...

Check with your mechanic to see what the latest gasket technology that can be used on your plane is

Best regards,

-a-

10 hours ago, carusoam said:

Give a read on DMM’s SIs... it gives torque instructions and when to re-torque X hours later....

PP thoughts only, it was to short to not read... :)

Best regards,

-a-

You're right, I would of missed the re-torque needed at 25 hours. Sucks I'll have to take off cowling again, hate doing it. Also forgot to order exhaust flange cotter pins, gotta go measure what size they are tonight, another day wasted. :angry:

22 hours ago, Yetti said:

and you need a ground down socket for one of the pipes

Almost done putting everything back together.

The book should most definitely be updated to add the following needed: ground down socket, two spare sets of replacement knuckles and a priest to stand next to you to forgive all the swearing you'll be doing.

Finally put in a 406 ELT while at it too and replaced all rocker cover cork gaskets with silicone ones. (Priest also needed while cleaning old cork from covers)

30 minutes ago, spleecho said:

Priest also needed while cleaning old cork from covers

I always just order a complete hangar exorcism after doing any major work on my E. I've invented expletives working on that thing because the existing ones just didn't do it.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, spleecho said:

Sorry not sure what you mean by that can you explain? Not sure I got enough torque on it right now

If you put a socket on one of the nuts it will push the exhaust away from the nut making the other side nut too close to the pipe to get a socket on it. But it is easy to get the outside with a crows foot.