Quick little laugh from this

Niko182

14 hours ago, carusoam said:

1amu each month just to cover the taxes on the house...

But no use taxes on cars and planes...

So... living in the car or plane can be pretty low cost...  :)

Welcome to NJ...

Best regards,

-a-

Talked to a neighbor who moved South from somewhere cold. When they were house shopping, the realtor discussed property taxes and they thought they could swing it but it would make for a high monthly payment. The realtor quickly picked their teeth up off the floor, put eyeballs back into their face, and said "No, that's the ANNUAL property tax, not monthly!!" The sale closed pretty quickly after that . . . .

Welcome to the South, where taxes vary wildly between states, and again between counties within a given state. Tax on my 3BR/3BA home on 2 acres, with a pond, is about the same that I paid on a 1200 sq. ft. condo 40 miles away in a different county.  :P  Well under an AMU, too. Annually . . . . Should I start looking for an Ovation hangar, @carusoam? All three cars are about $200/year.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hank said:

Talked to a neighbor who moved South from somewhere cold. When they were house shopping, the realtor discussed property taxes and they thought they could swing it but it would make for a high monthly payment. The realtor quickly picked their teeth up off the floor, put eyeballs back into their face, and said "No, that's the ANNUAL property tax, not monthly!!" The sale closed pretty quickly after that . . . .

Welcome to the South, where taxes vary wildly between states, and again between counties within a given state. Tax on my 3BR/3BA home on 2 acres, with a pond, is about the same that I paid on a 1200 sq. ft. condo 40 miles away in a different county.  :P  Well under an AMU, too. Annually . . . . Should I start looking for an Ovation hangar, @carusoam? All three cars are about $200/year.

Shhhh! Don't spread the word too much, Hank!

This year, the property tax on my 700 sq. ft. condo in Galveston passed the one on my 4/3 house with 10 acres, pool and pool house here in Pell City.

And bring the O on down, @carusoam. My hangar can hold both Mooneys.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Bob, You are correct in that I don't like to fly in that area very much. Things have changed in the years since I did quite a bit of it. Back then going into Newark or Laguardia was simple.   Just call a few miles out. Last time in Boston I was on the way to cyyr, cyfb,bggh,birk. to egkb Biggeb Hill in a single engine Meyers 200D.       lotta years ago   Things sure change and seldom for the best. 
  • Did get the 201 to Tenn for repairs.  He decided rather than sell He would rather fix.  Learned it is easier to get ADSB waiver than to install. Simply go to FAA/ADAPT and fill in the blanks. Did 060 out of republic and almost instantly out of JFK space.  40 kt headwinds so 120 mph or so average. Just in case you local people don't know it.........it can get very cold up there.  Jerry pressley

lonf island 201 204.jpg

201 long island 10.jpg

IMG_7649.JPG

IMG_7244.JPG

• Like 3

Nice Menards repair. Similar to what they did to my old Cessna after my accident. Guy banged it back into shape with a dead blow hammer and reinforced parts with angle iron and metal ties. A true Alaskan. Flew it out and somehow the nose gear survived the landing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 1/4/2020 at 1:07 PM, Hank said:

that's because your taxes are split between you and the mosquitoes and gnats.  :lol: