Quick little laugh from this

Niko182

It probably hasn’t flown in three years, so $30,000 might be overvalued.  http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2016/01/mooney-m20j-201-n5783d-incident.html

Anyone here willing to fly this thing with that kind of damage after it has been sitting out for 3 years?  Come on, you know you want to try!  LOL.

Ugly is right, Doesn't look like the plane has seen any love in many decades. The owner didn't even clean off the bird poop for the pictures -- really? I am guessing the owner didn't have it insured since they're selling it now. 

That's not going to get a ferry permit as is though, but it shouldn't take much work to get a permit if the spar is really okay.

Hopefully someone will pick it, do the sheet metal repairs and give it some needed love.   

Edited by kortopates

What’s with the red diaper on the lower end of the rudder?

Tom
It's a cover to keep birds out.

It it isn't corroded, I think it could be salvaged into a flying J without immediately being upside down. It's a shame he's let it sit for so long.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

Imagine for a moment what is going on in the life of a person that has to let things go....

Some things aren’t as easy as it looks...

Logic goes out the window when you won’t be able to get another plane somewhere out in the future...

I admire the guy who is strong enough to hang up the flying boots on a schedule...   see Bennet... :)

Best regards,

-a-

What a ugly rat of a plane. Last cleaning was when it left the factory. And no, no one is gonna sign off on a ferry flight with a smashed wing like that lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Technically he said it could be flown with a ferry permit. He didn’t mention he would get one for you. Probably could get it to fly if you are brave enough. I am not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, Air pirate said:

Amazes me how anybody could let an airplane (asset) or any other vehicle just rot away like that. 

Wasn't aware that you went over and looked at it to assess its condition,   Can you give me some advise ??

When someone buys it there is a quickie repair for the wing. The second skin from the inboard out is the closeout skin. The spar couples under that skin. Just remove that skin and Mooney sells what they call a wingtip that consists of the entire wing section from there to the end of the wing. ( I have a few of those pieces if you decide not to go new)  Splice in the new tip and replace the skin.   Don Maxwell has a Sheet Metal man who has done many of them.  If you remove it I get $1800 for the tip

On 11/18/2019 at 12:10 AM, Niko182 said:

Can be ferried with ferry permit

Just take it, as long as the seller is happy to be paid on arrival and he puts fuel on the other wing !

Edited by Ibra

• 1 month later...

Just got this thing ferry-able.  Damage did not get into the fuel tank. spliced stringers and rib and capped with .032 and ready to go. Had other damage of course but now the problem is getting a ferry permit.  FAA says get a DAR. Dar wants $1500 to look and write out the special flight permit. Now ADS B is in effect but someone familiar with the area around JFK would have no problem navigating around that. Anyone open for ferrying to NJ? Just finishing when the Missle went in off the end of the runway.