Looking for a Mooney Veteran

1ang

Hey guys and gals,

Looking for a Mooney veteran. I have a M20J that I got a few months ago and wanted to know if anyone wanted to go for a flight or two to show me some tips and tricks to get the most out of my magical flying machine.

Hangered are KDAB but can fly and meet in central Florida area.

So...

• you are looking for Mooney TT from a Mooney specific CFII... Or...
  • you have your IR and want to review best practices for various procedures... look up MAPA training... or
  • you have all that... you are hungry and want to talk Mooney with other Mooniacs... go to a Mooney fly-in... Gary posts the Florida schedule often... Dave & Ruth put the schedule together monthly...

What did you have in mind?

Best regards,

-a-

14 hours ago, 1ang said:

Hey guys and gals,

Looking for a Mooney veteran. I have a M20J that I got a few months ago and wanted to know if anyone wanted to go for a flight or two to show me some tips and tricks to get the most out of my magical flying machine.

Hangered are KDAB but can fly and meet in central Florida area.

I live down at the creek with a C model. Have not flown a J in about 30 years. Not sure if I can be any help. 

Welcome to MS.

You will meet a bunch of Mooney folks, some of whom have J's and will be willing to offer their secret tips, if you fly into Bartow, KBOW, on Saturday, December 14th, @ about 11 or 11:30. Answering -a-'s questions will help.

Good choice....the J is a wonderful plane!

So...
  • you are looking for Mooney TT from a Mooney specific CFII... Or...
  • you have your IR and want to review best practices for various procedures... look up MAPA training... or
  • you have all that... you are hungry and want to talk Mooney with other Mooniacs... go to a Mooney fly-in... Gary posts the Florida schedule often... Dave & Ruth put the schedule together monthly...
What did you have in mind?
Best regards,
-a-

I would say option 3 is most like what I was looking for. I was going to go to Sebring for the fly In but the weather was a little to iffy for me with the new to me plane. That’s why I came on here, to see if anyone was available outside of the fly in schedule due.
  • Like 1