Positioning oxygen bottle

nels

Propane tanks are typical for having a liquid phase in the tank... the gas turns liquid at a low pressure so the tank doesn’t need to be very strong... there is a lot of weight in those tanks...

O2, all gas until super cold, or highly compressed...

Don’t go upside down with it because some moisture may be at the bottom under some odd conditions ... small amounts of water can cause problems with freezing... in the regulator...
PP thoughts only, not a gas tech...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

If you are using the 115 cubic foot O2 bottle from the Ovation as a basis for an inboard system, I have a pair of the Scott factory brackets that I am not using.  (I downgraded to a 50 cubic foot bottle to save weight).  Let me know if you need them.

John Breda

John.. I’m  not sure on my bottle size. I bought it off eBay a year or so ago. Unless it’s noted on the bottle the best I can do is get the dimensions on diameter and height. I’m not at home but should be back by Tuesday, I can check the bottle at that time.