Mooney Stops Building Airplanes!

CaptainOveur

I was at the annual Lark Commander Owners' Group meeting when both of us heard the news.  This is awful ... I sure know how it feels to try and nurse an orphan brand.  

Anyway, thought I would share this with the group.  I am sure someone would know why this happened, how it can be fixed, and how to prevent a recurrence.  

Back to the meeting...I am hoping for no worse than 2d place at the Bingo tournament!  This event always rocks! 

Cap O

12 minutes ago, CaptainOveur said:

I was at the annual Lark Commander Owners' Group meeting when both of us heard the news.  This is awful ... I sure know how it feels to try and nurse an orphan brand.  

Anyway, thought I would share this with the group.  I am sure someone would know why this happened, how it can be fixed, and how to prevent a recurrence.  

Back to the meeting...I am hoping for no worse than 2d place at the Bingo tournament!  This event always rocks! 

Cap O

Did you know Lehman Bros went out of business?  ;)

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, CaptainOveur said:

Cap O

Jocularity, no doubt.  :lol:

3 hours ago, Hyett6420 said:

But i bet you did not know that the mainsheet man on my racing yacht was the EU head of treasury for Lehman and 2 weeks before lehmans said "chapter 11 bankruptcy " they asked him to move all EU money back to the USA.  Now here in lies the rub.  

• The EU branch if lehmans was VERY profitiable, hence it had the funds to transfer, but the USA bit had issues.  
  • Bankruptcy in the USA is different to the EU, in the EU the moment you declare bankruptcy, business stops, and the business is then immediately wound up and assets sold off or given away.  The USA guys were told this but didnt listen, so when they declared bankruptcy the EU branch (the profitable bit) had to shut immediately.  

Amazing what people tell you on a long night crossing in a yacht race.  He was mightily annoyed at the USA for killing a profitable business.  Has they not transferred the monies, leaving the EU end with nothing, they could have shown that the EU was liquid and saved the company.  Oh well, older and wiser.

Andrew

It's possible that there had been some bad decision making at Lehman.  ;)       (I know, slight understatement...)

• Haha 1