newbie Mooney flyer

edmg_lal

Today I started my transition training on Mooney 20J of which I'll be a part owner. Dear me what an experience with trim :o During the approach I was fighting to slow it down from 80 to 70 and the elevator was having no effect. Only after applying the trim you see the effect. During the two landings we made, the plane seemed to in ground effect for almost 100m or more over the adjacent field before settling down halfway through 580m grass runway. 

Edited by edmg_lal

Welcome,  You’ll love it!

Fear not. You will get the hang of it. Ask your instructor to go over the numbers with you, so you will know how to fly a good, reliable traffic pattern, and get used to flying those numbers every.time.  My transition instructor told me what setting to fly, when, and sure enough, it worked. If I fly like I cook, though, a little imprecise, I embarrass myself every time.  And if you’re on short final high and fast, ain’t no shame in goin’ around. At least that’s how I heard it..