New Interior done!

Hi everyone- just want to share some photos of the new interior that we finished this past weekend.   My co-pilot and I did all the work except for the seat upholstery.  The new side windows are great.  Solar gray with UV control all around.  Not sure when it was last re-done but it was time for an update.  The 52 year-old no longer smells like an old DeSoto with straw-filled seats!

newint1.jpg

newint2.jpg

newint3.jpg

newint4.jpg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, 0TreeLemur said:

There is a paint job gonna happen in a couple of years.  I wonder if there is a way to discover the factory original paint scheme?

Congratulations on your interest in installing original paint scheme and possibly original colors.

And yes, I agree your interior design choice is terrific.

I found original schemes/colors of my vintage Mooney in the Mooney parts manual for my airplane.   

Also possibly internet search for photos of your year and model.

• Like 1

Thanks @mark21m20c.  We have not yet changed the carpet.  What is in there now is not too bad color wise.  There are some stains near the rudder pedals from what I assume is sweat from all that horsepower;)

Quotes from two places kind of scared me off.  SCS interiors has really nice products, and I ordered samples.   Their prices are on the order of $500 for basic nylon carpet.   The airtex prices were less O($300), but their order form didn't seem to match my aircraft.   My plane has four pieces of carpet- floor pilot, floor co-pilot, a thin piece attached vertically along the front face of the box beam and the piece on the baggage compartment floor.   The AirTex form had several more pieces.   So, I'm going to save carpet until after the annual sometime in 2020.

Carpet, seats covers, all upholstery, paint and radios are just like tires.  Use 'em and they wear out.  Yep, if you fly your airplane in clouds and rain, the leading edges will show wear in a couple thousand hours.  Don't use 'em and they rot. I guess the radios are actually left behind in the technological dust.   Carpet is cheap.  If it gets worn or oil soaked, get another set.  As far as fit goes, Dodd at Airtex told me he has more Mooney carpet patterns than any other airplane, seems like every one is different.  Mine was close but needed a little trimming to be just right. I did not ask, Dodd said trim the way it needs to be and return it for rebinding.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...