fuse panel question ovation

flysamo

on my 99 ovation panel in fuse section there are 1 amp fuses labeled amps - and a second breaker labeled amps +, air craft used to have moritz engine gauge which has since been removed and replaced with jpi 900. No effect on aircraft operation is noticed in either position. are there blank off rings available if fuses not needed.

The POH typically has a description for such things...

What they are, how they are marked, size of CB... that kind of thing...

filling the hole is probably popular for an instrument shop to provide...

I tried a few key words at AS, but came up empty for CB hole fillers...

Best regards,

-a-

on the 99 ovation there are two 1 amp breakers in a separate section labeled plus amp and minus amp, both breakers are in a marked off segment in the upper right hand corner of the breaker panel, POH show a picture of breakers , that's says typical panel. section 7 under systems there is no picture or schematic show these breakers and their function. Does any have an ideal of what they do. No mention in POH and not show in POH schematic.

thanks that gives me a place to start, air craft has removed the moritz gage panel and replaced with jpi 900 which now measures current,  load shunt may be there but is not used, not sure could use a real schematic POH does not have info

Midwest Mooney used to have the MM for the O online... try that...

A shunt is going to be needed to measure amps with or without the moritz package...

The amp meter measures voltage drop across the known resistance and calculates out the AMPs crossing it...

The two CBs are probably related to the wires coming off the shunt... if they get shorted... they would be open to a lot of current flowing to ground...

somebody had a pic of a shorted shunt... it was a molten metal affair...

PP thoughts only, not a mechanic...

Best regards,

-a-

I've installed JPI ammeter shunts, they call for 1A inline fuses near the shunt.  If the wire were to break (on either the + or - side) downstream of the shunt, you would have a pretty good short to ground.  I would say Mooney just used 1A CB's, and hopefully they are close to the shunt.

Aerodon