cferr59

New (to me) Mooney M20C

I picked up my 1965 Mooney M20C today from Morganton, NC.  It was at AGL for a prebuy and then they completed the annual.  I flew to Charlotte yesterday on the 6am flight from Philly and then took an Uber to Morganton.  Lynn met me at the airport and jacked up the plane so I could practice with the J-Bar.  Then, I flew with a local instructor and completed airwork.  This morning, we did a bunch of landings, a few go arounds, and engine outs. It was relatively cool and the plane was pretty consistently in the air at the 1000 foot marker.  I flew back to KPNE without issue.  Kept my speed on point for landing and had no problems making the first turn off.  Planning on working with a safety pilot and some instruction before I would take it IFR.

But, it was a long but fun weekend and I'm happy to have it home.  Definitely recommend AGL for a prebuy as well

IMG_20191109_110459.jpg

IMG_20191110_103612.jpg

IMG_20191110_142403.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

*Members that donate $10 or more do not see advertisements*

@eman1200 I may take you up on that sometime!  I'd like to go back to AGL for annual next year...

Edited by cferr59
  • Like 1

Chris!  Fantastic!  Glad first flight as PIC went well.  That is a serious improvement over my old E for panel.  Glad you found an IFR equipped Mooney to make your own.  Enjoy!

Very nice IFR bird - good combination of instrumentation, well-laid-out.  (I assume the G5 is tied into the 430W.)

May you enjoy many years of safe flying!

It's kind of fun to see them looking fast on the ground.  Even more fun to go Mooney Zoom

Good looking bird! I have 5553Q, probably a cousin! My panel is not even half as nice as yours!

fe95dc1380674c549fa49d8261fd1a9d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Congratulations  Enjoy. I have mine 1977 C  ( no modifications) since march. 120 hous since then throughout Europe. Love it. m.

• Like 1

Congrats.  Nice panel, very shiny.  The M20C is the biggest bang for your buck in GA.  Enjoy.

4 hours ago, Captnmack said:

I’ve seen this plane before. The paint Scheme looks Familiar...

77BE9D5A-6635-487C-BE8E-135ECA9D7C56.jpeg

Yes, I thought the same.

P1010537.thumb.JPG.e41ba547125c848ca1348de329474403.JPG

• Like 4

Congratulations! I got my 1965 M20C last year. They are wonderful airplanes. I think your panel cost more than my airplane.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lukon said:

I think your panel cost more than my airplane.

Unfortunately, that isn't hard to do these days.