Factory Closed Down?

chinoguym20

3 hours ago, MooneyMitch said:

I hope the Kerrville plant reopens and there will still be qualified individuals around to be re-employed there....... instead of all of those laid off going to the Austin Tesla plant! :mellow:

Now, we’ve returned to the original thread topic!  :)

I hear (from my contact at KERV airport) it’s still open and there are a dozen or so employees there but only a handful who are capable of turning a wrench (the rest are overhead). They think there could be 2 new ultras delivered this year but after those, unlikely to be any more due to lack of sales and know how to build them.  

8 hours ago, Blue on Top said:

There were also no bathrooms on the "Enterprise".

They never ate, and only rarely drank in their personal cabin.

Beside, Archie Bunker was probably the first person to mention a toilet on public TV, and even added sound effects . . . . At least on this side of the Pond. Benny Hill and Monty Python probably beat him to it over there.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, 1980Mooney said:

Just like 2008 was a "blip".  For some a 10 year blip.  Many houses lost, careers stunted, some derailed.  In 2 1/2 months hundreds of thousands of airline and aviation employees will be laid off as the terms of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act expire.

Folks may want to travel...but most don't really need to travel.  Let's face it much of the need for business travel is hype to justify boondoggle and perk.  What an interruption like this does is cause companies and businesses to recognize that they can get by just fine with less business travel.  "Blips" like this accelerate permanent changes that were underway in any event both in behavior and the adoption of technology and automation to eliminate processes and employees.  Working from home and remote conferencing is not and will not ever be perfect but it has advanced more in the last 3 months than in the last 30 years - both in adoption of technology and change in behavior.

Vaccine or no vaccine, this "blip" will have a long term impact.  Government and company debts have swollen to historically unforeseen and unsustainable levels by any measure.  The stock market and economy has been sustained by Fed "liquidity" which is just another word for debt. Companies' business models don't work with the virus protection required (distancing of workers or customers, PPE, additional cleaning steps, etc.) and you will be seeing unprecedented losses reported next quarter.  State and city budgets are currently being devastated and the damage will be more apparent in the coming months as revenues decline and costs rise.  Universities are rethinking sports and in some cases eliminating programs.  Many small businesses have been quick to fail and liquidate but replacements will be slower to build from scratch. 

But you are right that the effects of this "blip" will dissipate.......at some point.

I prefer to just “ignore” the idiocy rather than be Dr. Doom & Gloom.  This shall pass.  Winners and Losers are being FORCED by government intervention at ALL levels.  Depending on “who” writes the history this overblown boondoggle will be clearly called out for what it was: An overblown boondoggle.  No offense to Dr. Spock or anyone else that has a differing opinion.  The ONLY thing that will destroy the U.S. economy is/was BAD decision making and the enemy within...

I just bought a new car today.  Buy low sell high.  Living in fear is a bunch of wasted time.  I prefer to consume in moderation and push it to the firewall once and a while for a thrill.  Life is good.  Come out of your bunkers.  The only thing we have to fear is fear...and bad decisions by those in power.

• Like 2

Good news! - Mooney's web site is back up. If someone mentioned it earlier I missed it in all the other topics going on here.

They might only have a couple guys that can turn wrenches left, but the website looks good :) Put in your internet orders now. ;) 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, mike_elliott said:

Glad that step is complete. Now, if they just get the A rec and CNAME in dns setup correctly......

Ugh. Seriously, how many people type "mooney.com" and land on an error page?

If anyone knows anyone at Mooney with access to their DNS provider, I'm sure there are several of us who would be happy to help get this fixed..

I bought some Mooney aluminized mylar foam insulation from a MSC a month ago. My IA wanted a burn cert for it and I was able to get one emailed immediately, so at least the parts department has people who know what they're doing.

Skip

• Like 2

Is the Chinese company still in charge of the parts going out of the factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t believe they are. Perhaps @DonMaxwell can provide some insight or someone from LASAR.

4 hours ago, MrRodgers said:

I don’t believe they are. Perhaps @DonMaxwell can provide some insight or someone from LASAR.

Did y’all miss this post?  ^_^

So......please tell us who you believe is now the proud owner of Mooney International and when will the big secret be announced? :ph34r: