Factory Closed Down?

chinoguym20

Good news!  A friend of mine at the KERV airport called tonight to report Mooney had launched 33-0019 (an acclaim?). He said this was one of the aircraft which was almost complete when the factory closed. He said there are about a dozen people in the facility, but not sure what the plan is. Let’s hope there is a buyer in town and Mooney can make it. 

• Like 2

Good news!  A friend of mine at the KERV airport called tonight to report Mooney had launched 33-0019 (an acclaim?). He said this was one of the aircraft which was almost complete when the factory closed. He said there are about a dozen people in the facility, but not sure what the plan is. Let’s hope there is a buyer in town and Mooney can make it. 

The website says or implies that they are building if you order one - I wondered but perhaps that's what we're seeing and it's already sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 6/3/2020 at 3:06 AM, kortopates said:

The website says or implies that they are building if you order one - I wondered but perhaps that's what we're seeing and it's already sold.

How much? close to a million dollars?

rather buy a run out old plane and fix it up and have mx and gas reserves for 4 lifetimes.....

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 9:24 PM, chinoguym20 said:

During our factory access while creating  “Boots” video, there were several M20’s on the floor in various stages of completion. They were sitting dormant due to the 2008 shut down.

These aircraft eventually became the new 2014 year models.

I suppose, if the above information is valid, the Acclaim referenced will be a new 2020 model.

I guess they could produce a complete M20 from a nearly completed M20 with 12 people! 

There’s still hope !!

43 minutes ago, Jim Peace said:

How much? close to a million dollars?

rather buy a run out old plane and fix it up and have mx and gas reserves for 4 lifetimes.....

Goes to mission (doesn't it always?). That said, there are enough parts lying around to sustain the vintage fleet for decades.

1 hour ago, HRM said:

Goes to mission (doesn't it always?). That said, there are enough parts lying around to sustain the vintage fleet for decades.

buy air boxes when you can and keep that baggage door locked !!!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HRM said:

Had to get a new magneto coil for the right engine in the museum DC-3. Found a new old stock one still in the can (kind of neat, solder-sealed just like a sardine can complete with a key attached to open.  Inside was a new coil wrapped in the latest news from WW II). A lot of airplane parts kick around for a long time.

Skip

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Daneshgari said:

Thank you Mike. Then I lost the title of the last Mooney in the world. It was great while it lasted. 

Not so fast, Perry..the match isnt over, Marauders girls havent sung... Lets wait till it has an airworthiness cert and is in the wild....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daneshgari said:

I just was wondering if they are going to honor their promises to the owners and suppliers.  They own me a Buch of money. 

I am sure they received, in addition to bridge funding, some EIDL and PPP dollars. Now it is a question of how the new decision makers decide to take care of their obligations and which road they wish to travel.

15 hours ago, Daneshgari said:

Thank you Mike. Then I lost the title of the last Mooney in the world. It was great while it lasted. 

Relax, that's happened to several people over the decades . . . .  :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

If you ever lose the love...

I hear a good TBM may help soothe the pain....

Somebody will help with the transition away from the old Mooney... DMax/All American... 

Have no fear...

Just sayin’... :)

NJ needs a south NJ/Philly MSC/sales office.... Alan has been getting good practice over the years...

Best regards,

-a-