Factory Closed Down?

chinoguym20

2 hours ago, Daneshgari said:

They closed again today and send everyone home. I feel so sorry for those loyal workers. I might have the very last Mooney built in the world. S#33-0018. Let's hope it will not die for good.

Perry

Gotta wonder if this whole dance was just an effort by the Company to reduce (or eliminate) its exposure under Texas' WARN act. 

Apparently there have been a few attempts lately to save the mooney.com/service website archives publicly, including a few recent ones at the Wayback Machine at web.archives.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191115173505/https://www.mooney.com/service

The document tree appears to be there, but when I click on any of the service bulletins, etc., I get pdf files that Adobe Acrobat Reader thinks are damaged.   Looking for other interested souls to either figure out how to properly archive the page or see whether it actually got fully archived or not.

Just figuring the opportunity to do this might be limited. 

10 minutes ago, EricJ said:

Apparently there have been a few attempts lately to save the mooney.com/service website archives publicly, including a few recent ones at the Wayback Machine at web.archives.org:

https://web.archive.org/web/20191115173505/https://www.mooney.com/service

The document tree appears to be there, but when I click on any of the service bulletins, etc., I get pdf files that Adobe Acrobat Reader thinks are damaged.   Looking for other interested souls to either figure out how to properly archive the page or see whether it actually got fully archived or not.

Just figuring the opportunity to do this might be limited. 

I agree.  All the SLs SBs etc need to be accessible... are they widely available elsewhere?

This is a sad development indeed.  I really hope that management can figure out how to make money supporting the fleet and refurbishing/ reconditioning older aircraft for the time being until they figure out a permanent plan.  I feel terrible for the workers.

33 minutes ago, carusoam said:

How do you feel about pre-owned stub spar parts?

when you get a chance... update some details about your plane and your location... this will be helpful later on...

Best regards,

-a-

1964 m20e  sn#311 Lewis University airport,  Romeoville, illinois KLOT

7 minutes ago, Hradec said:

1964 m20e  sn#311 Lewis University airport,  Romeoville, illinois KLOT

See if you can put that by your avatar for later use...

It takes a bit of effort if you are using a small screen phone device...

Some people are unaware of this helpful data area...

Interested in the used parts?  We have a few people that deal in these parts...  one had a 64E, but the grim reaper sawed the wings off... :)

Are you sure it needs to be replaced...? Some that support the flaps have cracks, but there may be a factory defined fix for that...

See if the reaper has the parts... @Alan Fox...

Best regards,

-a-

28 minutes ago, carusoam said:

See if you can put that by your avatar for later use...

It takes a bit of effort if you are using a small screen phone device...

Some people are unaware of this helpful data area...

Interested in the used parts?  We have a few people that deal in these parts...  one had a 64E, but the grim reaper sawed the wings off... :)

Are you sure it needs to be replaced...? Some that support the flaps have cracks, but there may be a factory defined fix for that...

See if the reaper has the parts... @Alan Fox...

Best regards,

-a-

Tried to get my info into my profile.

Stub spar has corrosion, had a mooney center check the factory.  All parts were on hand to assemble the stub spar. Planned to order next week. Looks like I might have to go a different direction.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hradec said:

Tried to get my info into my profile.

Stub spar has corrosion, had a mooney center check the factory.  All parts were on hand to assemble the stub spar. Planned to order next week. Looks like I might have to go a different direction.

When the factory was down in November. Mooney Service Centers were still ordering and receiving parts from them.

• Like 1

Unfortunately I hear the lights are out for good this time. The Chinese incinerated a lot of money and treated the employees like dumb Americans. There is a Mooney factory in China with a fake assembly line that has sat almost empty for years maybe they will start building there.  

38 minutes ago, chinoguym20 said:

Unfortunately I hear the lights are out for good this time. The Chinese incinerated a lot of money and treated the employees like dumb Americans. There is a Mooney factory in China with a fake assembly line that has sat almost empty for years maybe they will start building there.  

Lets , see , Pumping 150 million into a sinking ship , and providing employment for Americans for 7 years losing money is treating the employees like "Dumb Americans" is an assanine statement , The employees , and all of us owners , owe them a huge debt of gratitude , for supporting the fleet these past 7 years...

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Alan Fox said:

Lets , see , Pumping 150 million into a sinking ship , and providing employment for Americans for 7 years losing money is treating the employees like "Dumb Americans" is an assanine statement , The employees , and all of us owners , owe them a huge debt of gratitude , for supporting the fleet these past 7 years...

And a mediocre albeit free lunch at Oshkosh this year :lol:

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LANCECASPER said:

I was at Dugosh in Kerrville today getting a TIT probe changed out and people whose Mooneys were over at the Factory were coming to pick them up and get them out of there.

6e31824a5454e20203fb1eebf269b181.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So very, very sad !

3 hours ago, chinoguym20 said:

Unfortunately I hear the lights are out for good this time. 

Not sure about new aircraft production but there is a lot of money in parts for a fleet this size and I"m sure the line for buyers will not be short. Bring a bunch of cash.

-Robert

1 hour ago, LANCECASPER said:

I was at Dugosh in Kerrville today getting a TIT probe changed out and people whose Mooneys were over at the Factory were coming to pick them up and get them out of there.

6e31824a5454e20203fb1eebf269b181.jpg

Good thing there was someone there to give them their keys, logs etc. If my plane was there I’d a been nervous.

I think we are all hoping that at a minimum Mooney can remain open with a skeleton crew selling spare parts as they have done in the past. My fear, if the Chinese investors can’t find a new buyer and they don’t want to remain open to sell spare parts, they will liquidate the Mooney factory selling off all the tooling, equipment, etc. Needless to say, if that happens then it will Truly be the end of Mooney.

• Sad 1