TruTrak autopilot

Planegary

I was talking to a friend today that is in the avionics business and after me telling him about wanting to equip my personal flying carpet with an autopilot in the next couple of years and leaning toward trutrac due to price he told me that trutrac had been bought out and any new autopilots were probably not gonna happen. Did I miss some announcement or conversation or is he a guy that is looking at the glass as half empty?am kind of wondering due to seeing how I will have to plan my finances for the future upgrade

• Confused 1

Sure that was a friend delivering the news...?   

Lets see if we can find the thread that covers the tru-trak news...

This one has a few mentions of it...

Look for the key words BK...

I think BK has had a Couple YouTube presentations as well... if I’m not mixing things up...

Fuzzy PP thoughts only, prone to simple errors...

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

I was in Springdale 3 weeks ago and one of the TruTrac guys came out to look at my 1963 C mode and take pictures as they are still working on paperwork and want to make sure they have all bases covered before submitting.  My buddy thought he was coming over to admire his Stearman and was deflated when the guy started asking about the Mooney.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Niko182 said:

I believe they got bought by Bendix King. if it were me, Id save up money and go the garmin way. yes it is more expensive, but youre getting something from a company that seems to have their shit together.

They do at Garmin, they used my 231 for the GFC500 STC.  Not cheap, but boy is most of their stuff top shelf.  I got a tour of some of their facilities and they do indeed have their shit together- neat, clean, organized, passionate people.  Lightning simulator chambers were really cool too.  

• Like 1

Very much alive but very much delayed :(..  There are many anxiously waiting the FAA approval for Mooneys.  I have a pre order list going PM me if you would like to be on it, I'm not taking any payments until we have the STC/AML.  Hopefully soon.

• Planegary changed the title to Trutrack autopilot
  • Planegary changed the title to TruTrak autopilot
52 minutes ago, Planegary said:

hope i got it right this time  i am not usually this bad at spelling

I believe it was Mark Twain who said, "I feel sorry for anyone who can only spell a word one way." My boss shares this sentiment, and based on my own experience with Siri, I think Steve Jobs did, too,

• Like 1