Carburetor airbox parts question?

I'm going to be replacing my airbox at annual.  The carb heat parts are badly worn, and Mooney wants $2000+ for a couple pieces of metal, so I sourced a used serviceable box.  

See the image below.  I need a part number for the gasket that goes between the airbox and carb ( can't find it in the maintenance manual for Mooney, Lycoming, or marvel, lol).  Also, my carb heat cable is currently half assed to the bypass tube. Is the bracket in the picture below a part I can order, or just something that needs to be fabricated? Lastly, there is supposed to a large clamp on the intake boot at the airbox, I don't have one. Any idea on a part number for that?

Thanks!!!

gallery_1942_317_21576.thumb.jpg.e3d4bdc52a2eb617931c8f1f45ccfda9.jpg

1) For the seal... it is probably a carburetor part... and the name precision airmotive written on the side may be helpful...? I was more expecting to see Marvel Schebler... M+S for that...

2) The control wire must be a standard aircraft spruce kind of thing... my 65C’s rusted, bent, broke and fell off, often... a good piece of stainless push/pull control wire probably works well...

3) No ideas to add regarding the mounting bracket...

Control wires are often hardened... and may break when bent... heat treating the bending part is typically done with a torch, to make it pliable...

Check with your mechanic for better details...

PP ideas only, not a mechanic..

Best regards,

-a-

I found the gasket part number (21323 for the air box to carb, 66224 for carb to intake).

The cable itself is in good shape, just the mounting situation is awful. I do have a marvel Schebler carb, that was just a representative photo.

Its way faster to ask parts questions here.  To ask my IA I have to leave work and find him on the field lol.  

• Like 1

I actually just replaced mine. Call Dan at LASAR for the gasket, should be part # 652158, $1.49.

For the wire to the bypass we used a section from the old mixture cable that was replaced a few months ago. 

Not sure it's right, but for the bracket holding the cable to the bypass on mine it is an Adel clamp around the bypass tube with a smaller Adel clamp around the cable. I can take a picture when I'm out at the hangar later this week. 

The intake boot is held by a long screw clamp that goes all the way around the square box inlet. Some have used two smaller screw clamps tied  together. It need a clamp though

The wire run to the carb heat valve is in fact just as yours looks. I had to make a new one for mine and I put a dog leg in it so that both arms run smoothly in parallel planes rather than the wire just running at an angle between them.