M20K/Century21 - does somebody have a disconnect button?

NicoN

I was wondering that our 1980 M20K equipped with a Century 21 A/P does NOT have a disconnect button on the yoke.

My co-owners were of the opinion we have one, but this button does exactly what is labeled - "Trim disconnect"

My search went to the information that the Century21 on M20K was NOT STC'ed with a A/P-dicsonnect button.

Is that really true? In my opinion such  a button is not only an item of comfort but vital.

So, why is that button missing in the STC? Forgotten? Dangerous? The option "not possible" is out of the list - it is techncally possible

I have a Century 21 in my 82 M20J and it doesn't have a disconnect on the yoke either.   The owners manual does state "The autopilot may be disengaged by pressing the momentary ON-OFF rocker switch on the programmer, by pressing the AP DISC switch on the control wheel, if installed, or by interrupting power at the Aircraft Master switch.   It looks like the disconnect switches were not part of the factory install when our airplanes came out of Kerville.

You should be able to add one if you are willing to run the additional cables thru the yoke and connect them to the head unit and mount a switch in the yoke.  Talk you your avionics shop, or A&P.