Flying in Europe

Does anyone know a Mooney owner in Munich, Berlin or Prague?  I am looking for someone who would agree to take my wife and I on a sightseeing flight when we visit those cities in September.  Or in the alternative, we would be willing to rent a plane and hire a CFI to fly with us in a non-Mooney.  We have flown in France (Robin) and in Spain (Cessna) and would like to repeat those experiences.

Hmmm, I'll be following this thread with interest and would like to follow the same path, only slightly more to the West.  I just got to Germany last week, but I'm getting my bearings pretty quickly.  Looking for fellow Mooney owners looking to share costs (if allowed in Europe) for flights.

Brian

Munich might be a problem, the only "real" GA airport near Munich is Augsburg, about 45-60 minutes away by car. I know a Mooniac near Berlin, if you are interested I can contact him.

I am based in Zweibruecken, and just came back from Mannheim (south of Wiesbaden). If someone is interested in a ride shoot me a PM.

Another 'Europe' driver, but a bit further south from Magnus - I live in Zurich, but keep the Bravo over the border in France, just north of Basel.

Happy to help if I can, a couple of hours makes a trip round the Alps easy, but only worth doing when a cold front has been through to give 50mile+ vis, and best if it is cloud free below FL120 or higher:  we don't get many days a year like that, and precious few at weekends!

PM if you're likely to be in the vicinity (goes for any Mooney driver too!)

Ben

Quote: Phil_M20J

Magnus:  Thank you for your reply.  I wish we would be traveling near Zweibruecken, we'd take you up on a ride.  But, definately pass our request on to anyone with whom we might fly around Berlin, or even Prague.

• 2 weeks later...

I am based in Madrid but moving back to London soon. If any Mooniac wants a ride in a 1967 orange M20F, feel free to shoot a PM. I am very often flying around Bordeaux too so if you fancy mixing wine tasting with flying, definitely get in touch!

Patrick 

Hi everybody. My name is Olivier and I am based between Strasbourg, France and Daytona Beach, FL. Strasbourg is on the German border, along the Rhin river, 01:30 hr drive from Zweibruecken, Saarbruecken and Manheim. 

I am a FAA CPL ME IR and I'm currently working on my JAA ATPL. If anyone want to fly in the area, I'd be glad to be your safety pilot. I have just acquired a 1965 stock M20E but I'm working on re-laying the left panel into a standard T layout. However, we can fly anything else.

Don't hesitate to contact me.

For those of you interested in flying to Europe in your Mooney, there's an amazing narrative written by Yury Avrutin called "The Viking Route." One day , almost on a whim, he decides to fly his M20C to Germany from New Jersey. I stumbled across it years ago on the interwebs. It's the Mooney version of "Flight of Passage." 

Quote: Sven

For those of you interested in flying to Europe in your Mooney, there's an amazing narrative written by Yury Avrutin called "The Viking Route." One day , almost on a whim, he decides to fly his M20C to Germany from New Jersey. I stumbled across it years ago on the interwebs. It's the Mooney version of "Flight of Passage." 

Here is an opportunity for those in Europe from Mooney Ambassadors Gilles and Jacques:  Only a few days ...

Dear Mooniac,

...We remind you that the third MOONIACS Fly-In will be held this year in PARIS 24 and September 25, with an evening September 24, 2011 in the rooms of the Aero Club of France.

We review the entries, ten days after sending our mail.

26 have already responded positively;
7 will do their best to break free;
8 said they were unfortunately already committed elsewhere.

As we need to order on September 6 with Sodexo Prestige, it leaves only a very short time for latecomers or undecided.

Thank you to those who have not yet done so to send their checks to participate at the earliest about Gilles Khaïat, 45 rue Decamps 75116 Paris. Bank details attached in case of transfer.

In anticipation of the pleasure of seeing you,

Sincerely.

Gilles and Jacques

gilles.khaiat@worldonline.fr

There is also a pretty fun video of two friends flying an M20E to Europe, released a while back. I ll dig out the exact title but it was fun and informative. Sporty's Atlantic video is very good too. I flew it in a PA28... I wished I was flying in a Mooney back then!

Olivier , is your M20E N reg or EASA registered?

I am looking at some point of having my panel redone but the paperwork cost in Europe is crazy. However if someone else has done it anywhere in Europe under the pre EASA system it can be 'grandfathered' at no cost. I would be grateful if you have any leads.

Under N reg it is simply a log book entry. Have a look at Hendricks Manufacturing they seem to make great panels and I think the owner is on this forum.