A few planes for sale including a TN

mike_elliott

If you want less noise get an MT prop.  The McCauley  on my Bravo made such a racket that I needed to get out of it every 3 hours.  I put an MT on and threw the Bose headsets in the back seat and use Halos.  I really appreciate the much quieter, smoother ride.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, carusoam said:

Check the details on the Monroy comment...

2) The speed brakes are in the tank area... I think... (?)

Best regards,

-a-

On mine, the speed brakes are behind the spar.. think monoroy tanks are similar to acclaim - outboard of stock and ahead of the spar

dan

68EDE752-6023-4F89-BABB-7A8A271685AB.jpeg

• Like 1

On 11/22/2019 at 10:05 PM, donkaye said:

A little history.  I have many, many hours in your airplane (158.1 hours to be exact), N98FL.  I helped the original owner bring it back from Kerrville.  It was based in Palo Alto.  It took me 30 hours before I released him to fly it by himself.  The problem was the field length of 2460 feet.  Then he made his big mistake by putting it on the line with a flight club.  He didn't specify that a checkout would be required by me.  Other non Mooney specific club instructors were allowed to do checkouts.  At that field length you really have to be on speed, not even 2 knots too fast.  Anyway, the result:  3 prop strikes by club members.  Eventually, the plane got repossessed.  I hope you take good care of it.

Hello Don 

Good to know you are familiar with 98FL, known to me as Foxy Lady.  I spoke with the original owner before I bought it. I got a lot of good info before I made my offer to the bank. After speaking with the previous owner, I found him to be a stand up guy, he took the time to share the issues the plane had and was not disgruntle at all, it seemed to be a voluntary repo.  You are also correct about Palo Alto being a tricky strip and putting it into a flying club was I think the last chance to justify owning it.   I have had Foxy Lady into 1800’ one time, very light and I would not do it again. You are correct, Speed is everything. I get tremendous enjoyment and functionality out of my aircraft and am an advocate for Mooney and the Acclaim. 

Andrew

Edited by Mooneymuscle56m

On 11/23/2019 at 12:48 PM, Schllc said:

I have some history with 98FL as well. I had retained a broker whom I won’t name, but you obviously bought the plane from them so you know who they are...

anywho, I found the repo’d plane at the bank, it was at a well known Mooney shop in CA with a bill unpaid.
I made an offer and the bank accepted, and called my broker to discuss the plane. 
Then the “broker” I hired went behind my back and outbid me with the bank, I found out because the shop who had possession at first was belligerent and rude, then wouldn’t even talk to me after the other offer was made, I assume, that since they are in the same region, he knew the firm.

Then the bank told me they had a better offer and the name of the firm that made the offer. 
Needless to say I was pretty upset and called him and confronted him, and told them if they wanted it bad enough to screw a client they could have it. 

I was disappointed but didn’t want the anxiety of dealing with that clown again. 
I hope it’s been a good aircraft for you, but I will never deal with that Mooney shop or that broker again. 

Hello 

I bought it direct from Commonwealth Aircraft Sales in Virginia representing BofA.  Harper, the gentleman I dealt with was actually I thought a straight shooter.  He didn’t know much about it.  It was an as-is sale and mentioned it many times.  I made an offer accounting for the risk of not being able to start it or remove an inspection panel and went back and forth for a couple days and settled on a price.  

I wired the money and was told the paperwork  would be ready on a certain day.  I showed up at the California maintenance shop and waited for 2 days.  I think the shop was not getting anything for their troubles other than maybe tie down rent.  It would be interesting to hear your story on trying to purchase. 

Andrew

Edited by Mooneymuscle56m

• 1 month later...

GOOD NEWS - the sale did not go through and I still own N113TN and I have decided to put on a brand new engine on the plane. this should help alleviate the concerns about the 2 prop strikes. I am hoping to get Mr Don Maxwell or Chandler Aviation to hang the new motor. this should also help me list it for a higher price and I will happy to offer seller financing. let me know if there are are any interested parties... on the other hand the new eclipse jet is awesome and amazing, planning to buy a second one soon. current numbers so far real life - KGEU KHND Vr 89, climb at 3500 - 4200 FPM, to 16,500 ft level in 4 min, cruise 385 KTAS at 17,500 VFR burning 70 GPH, descent 390 KTAS at 2500 FPM, absolutely worth it !!! cannot even feel the yaw on single engine out (simulated). the type rating was only 8k, the ac was 500k, with 20% down, my monthly payment is 3k a month with a dispatch rate of 99% ! if anyone is interested in more data, pics, videos, email me and I will be happy to share the google drive shared folder for Ur drooling pleasure 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Raghav mohindra said:

cruise 385 KTAS at 17,500 VFR burning 70 GPH

double the speed of a Mooney for 7X fuel burn and  ???X the purchase price (just read Aviation Consumer article which listed $2.75M price) Wish I could afford onB)

On 1/6/2020 at 5:19 AM, Raghav mohindra said:

GOOD NEWS - the sale did not go through and I still own N113TN and I have decided to put on a brand new engine on the plane. this should help alleviate the concerns about the 2 prop strikes. I am hoping to get Mr Don Maxwell or Chandler Aviation to hang the new motor. this should also help me list it for a higher price and I will happy to offer seller financing. let me know if there are are any interested parties... on the other hand the new eclipse jet is awesome and amazing, planning to buy a second one soon. current numbers so far real life - KGEU KHND Vr 89, climb at 3500 - 4200 FPM, to 16,500 ft level in 4 min, cruise 385 KTAS at 17,500 VFR burning 70 GPH, descent 390 KTAS at 2500 FPM, absolutely worth it !!! cannot even feel the yaw on single engine out (simulated). the type rating was only 8k, the ac was 500k, with 20% down, my monthly payment is 3k a month with a dispatch rate of 99% ! if anyone is interested in more data, pics, videos, email me and I will be happy to share the google drive shared folder for Ur drooling pleasure 

Why are you flying it so low?

How much is insurance?

we were just doing a quick VFR flight and checking on MCT cruise speed & testing fuel burn at 17,500

we usually fly at FL350 or FL360 and get 58 GPH. book says 49 GPH at 41,000 feet

insurance 11,000 (because the plane is so cheap). 

here is a link to my shared folder- if anyone wants to dive deeper in to the research i did for 2 years before buying one

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gsHcNt_JTIZSU-BStRXfdWw_MieJ63XM

• Like 2

Thanks Rag. Mooney Pros, Inc. can now offer transition training in their Acclaim for all the new Mooney wannabee's, the salty old dogs who want training by one of our Master instructors. While we have to rent the plane from Raghav, pay our instructors, pay our hotels, insurance and of course profit, it wont be for the faint of heart, but it is a long overdue solution for those that that need this service. We expect to be online once we have the new engine broke in.

email me mike at mooneypros.com for more details if you are interested!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Raghav mohindra said:

we were just doing a quick VFR flight and checking on MCT cruise speed & testing fuel burn at 17,500

we usually fly at FL350 or FL360 and get 58 GPH. book says 49 GPH at 41,000 feet

insurance 11,000 (because the plane is so cheap). 

here is a link to my shared folder- if anyone wants to dive deeper in to the research i did for 2 years before buying one

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gsHcNt_JTIZSU-BStRXfdWw_MieJ63XM

Incidentally, Raghav has volunteered to fly Tom Hunnicutt and his wife Jackie to the Mooney Summit VIII in his Eclipse. I also received a PM from another one of our kind brothers that offered to cover his expenses, but havent gotten permission to post his name so I wont. He can step up if he wants to.

Raghav, you make me proud to have asked you to be a part of Mooney Pros, Inc three years ago!  Three years ago, when I met you to do your transition training, you had 60 hrs, now you have 3600. I dont know anyone more dedicated to flying than you!

D..., your kindness and generosity throughout the whole ordeal with Mark B and now are examples for us all to follow.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Schllc said:

Sure, wasn’t questioning the veracity. My comment was speaking  to the difficulty of that feat. 

I understand, I did also! :) Did I mention he has a medical practice with multiple offices he also has to find time for along with a beautiful wife and children to attend to? His energy level is refreshing!

• Like 3