'66E is not for sale @ $145k

A lot of the value in this E, you don't see in the pictures.

First of all, it never sits. I had to take N943RW off my FlightAware notifications just because of the volume of notifications. This E is always flying.

Secondly is a long history of maintenance and TLC by Lynn at AGL in Morgantown, NC. 

Those two things are worth at least the additional 20% that @kortopates is talking about.

But don't get excited, you, whoever you are, don't have much chance of ever owning this airplane. The line to buy it when Bob hangs up his Captain's bars, stretches around the block and down the street.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/15/2019 at 12:06 AM, carusoam said:

Start collecting the turbo parts for next winter’s project... :)

-a-

I might have a source for those, if you were interested.  STC for old Rajays had no serial or N number, so they can be installed in accordance with STC with a copy of the documentation.

• Like 1

Bob,

Just..... WOW!  That looks absolutely fantastic.  What a wonderful travelling machine you have made for yourself.  A few years ago I thought my 'E was almost as nice as yours, but you have left me so, so far behind.  Really great job.

(However, unlike yours mine is for sale because life just gets in the way of flying too much.... :(  So if anyone wants to make one as good as Bob's, I can offer you a great place to start - though you'll have to come and collect it from France!)

• Like 1

It could certainly come back - and to be honest, it would be more useful in America than I have found it to be in Europe.  When I lived in the United States, I got used to using an airplane for transport.  There are airports everywhere, they have IFR approaches, FBOs, 24 hour opening, courtesy cars, no landing fees, etc. etc.  I know not everything's perfect in the US, but it is by far the best place in the world to fly (and I've kept a share in a Super Decathlon in Maine so that I can come back and enjoy it regularly!). 

Here it's very different.  If I want to use my airplane to fly from home in France to work in London, I need to make a stop to clear French customs - and I need to notify customs at between 4 and 24 hours in advance at most airports - and when I get to London there are almost no airports with approaches that accept GA.  The few that do are ridiculously expensive to use, and almost all GA airports shut at sunset.  It is much easier to use the airlines, and with fuel at ~$9/usg it's much cheaper too.  So I am not flying the Mooney enough to justify owning it.  I'm thinking of perhaps going back to flying something small, slow and fun - just for the pleasure of being in the air.  And maybe something with skis on it so that I can get back into landing on the glaciers in the French Alps, which is almost the most fun that you can have with your clothes on!

I advertised the Mooney yesterday.  There has been a lot of interest and someone's coming to view it tomorrow.  It is not the cheapest, but I think it is one of the nicest!  I need to take some interior shots - I've had to settle for showing the seats outside just after they were upholstered.  I don't want to hijack a thread about Bob's lovely airplane, but if anyone wants one that could be made almost as nice as his, here's the advertisement: https://www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=48000

• Like 2

Thanks Bob.  Obviously there's a part of me that is secretly hoping nobody buys it, which will force me to fly it more!  That said, it would be nice to see someone using it properly.  They are such capable aircraft, as you know better than most.