M20F autorouter profile

fboegner

Hmmmmm...

what’s an autorouter?

I see this may be a Europe sort of thing... Give me a hint... I may be able to pass the request along or invite a Euro-Mooniac to join us here...

Frank,

Check our what some of our Euro-MSers have written about the autorouter... @Guillaume wrote some details there...

https://mooneyspace.com/search/?q=Autorouter

Best regards,

-a-

Autorouter.aero is an IFR flight planning Tool that Basically does the complete ifr flight preparation for you. It submits an atc flight plan and provides you with an extensive briefing pack with plates, route and everything. In order for the flight plan to be correct, it needs to know the aircrafts performance date. Fuel burn, climb, descend, speeds, etc. 

now I could either enter these details myself which would take maybe 2hrs or I could at least get a starting point using an aircraft profile of someone who already did that job and just modify some basic data like empty weight etc 

I agree it’s a rather European or maybe even German thing, although planning capabilities cover whole Europe at least. 

seems like no european fellow mooniac uses it here though...

Edited by fboegner

...and thanks for doing the search here for me, @carusoam :) It shows a sharing linking Guillaume‘s m20j which is better than nothing. Maybe still someone with a m20f shows up within thread. If not, I‘ll share my profile once I have decided to set it up myself then. 

cheers

frank

Edited by fboegner
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, fboegner said:

performance date. Fuel burn, climb, descend, speeds, etc. 

A few other places to go get these data...

MAPA printed a booklet with performance charts and procedures for all Mooneys... the challenge is getting a copy.  It is a free book that comes with their training program... every now and then a copy surfaces on the internet...

Flightaware has what people usually plan for cruise speed... and also records their actual in flight speed...

Good luck with your data mining...  if nothing else, the J data will be very close to the F...

Best regards,

-a-

I clicked on share and it created a code

1571HYR9

To be honest my M20F profile is pretty bare bones. I took the M20J one and adapted some of the speeds and w&b, so I am sure it can be further refined. Pretty adequate for my needs. Then again the profile I use on EuroFpl seems really accurate, the plogs are accurate to the minute, but as you rarely get to fly the exact route you filed, pretty academic. 

• Like 1

Thanks a lot @podair! I have checked it and loaded it up. I have tried to set up my own profile there as well now, for my 1967 M20F, if anyone is interested:

The code is 25037PIFW.

I am just in the process of getting my IR, so there surely are a lot of people out there who know to fly by the numbers a lot better that I do. However, I tried to insert the real-world-numbers I have reached with my aircraft the way I fly it in the aforementioned code (mods are one-piece-windshield, cowl closure, three-blade-prop, otherwise stock).

Edit: BTW, I have finally managed to update my MS-Profile here :)

Edited by fboegner
  • Like 2

@podair yes that’s right, I bought it from Justin who I think used to be around here as well. Was a nice and very helpful contact. I bought it January 2018 as my first aircraft. I had a lot of really nice trips in it around Europe with my family already. The F model is really capable in terms of load, and as my family is fairly light, we can go out of our little airfield with bags and full tanks. That’s at least for now with the kids though. Although I have invested quite a lot so far I have never regret buying it for one second. Nothing better than having ones own Mooney at permanent disposal. AFAIK Justin now has a very decent Seneca, I saw a photo once. 

yup, the F is a great all rounder. I have had mine for 12 years now, approx 100hrs a year, I used to have a Robin 300 before but it was getting a bit tight and marginal for IFR. I thought about 'upgrading' but frankly it suits my needs perfectly (400nm weekend trips UK-France) and has been extremely reliable and costs manageable and predictable. Anything faster or bigger would mean a big jump in the flying budget which I could not afford. Kids are a bit bigger now but with tanks at tabs I easily fly out of our grass strip in SW France in summer. In the past three years I've now redone the interior, had it repainted and upgraded the avionics, so it should be good for another fifty years!

• Like 2