Mooney Summit VIII Oct 16-18, 2020

mike_elliott

The Mooney Summit VIII will be October 16-18,  2020 and will be held at a new Venue! We have simply outgrown the space available at Panama City Beach and we cannot continue to turn away people who want to better the breed and attend the Mooney Summit. Tampa Airport authority sent a delegation to the Mooney Summit this year to put "eyes on" the event and have come up with a package that makes relocating the venue viable to Peter O'Knight airport. The Tampa/Clearwater area is stunningly beautiful and a fantastic place (I guess thats why I chose to live close by) with unlimited choices of activities for the whole family.

Our processes and policies may change as a result, but we will always keep a first class experience as our priority. Stay tuned for more as we develop the program!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

We are thrilled to offer the uncapped event.  2020 will be the largest modern Mooney Gathering in the world topping the precious well attended Mooney Summits.

As we finalize plans we’ll disseminate information  as quickly as possible.

-Seth

• Like 5

Mike:

Great idea.  I have it on my calendar and will be there.  I may be able to get enough time off to fly the Mooney down this time.  But, for those flying commercially, the Tampa area is much more accessible.

The Tampa area is great, wonderful airport and the area offers more supports for the Summit meeting.  

Great problem solving!

John Breda

• Like 1

As far as I know they have not opened registration, however from Seth's earlier post above it looks like it will not have a limit on attendees.

7 minutes ago, Tony Starke said:

@SethHow many on the waiting list?

On 11/5/2019 at 2:02 PM, Seth said:

We are thrilled to offer the uncapped event.  2020 will be the largest modern Mooney Gathering in the world topping the previous well attended Mooney Summits.

As we finalize plans we’ll disseminate information  as quickly as possible.

-Seth

• Like 1

At this time we intend to have no waiting list.  If we grow to 1000 people attending. That may change, but we should have enough capacity for the largest Mooney Summits thus far and everyone on the waiting list (plus some more).

The last few years we’ve had about 165 register and 80+ on the wait list.  A good amount cancel. And we backfill from the wait list.  Normally we have 120 or so attendees at the meeting session on Saturday.  

I’m anticipating on 200+ attendees but we should have space for easily 250 and can make 300+ available.

Would love in a few years to be even larger.

We’re just glad we have made the decision to grow as there is indeed demand. More details to follow!

-Seth

• Like 4

The facilities and venue will be considerably upgraded over what was available to us in Panama CIty Beach. I think everyone will be very pleased. Our board has deliberated over the need of having a registration fee, but without the kindness of Ron Dubins' donation of condos, etc, we have concluded we will have to have a small registration fee of $99 per person. This is very close to what it cost per person to put on the event when it was in Panama City beach as it is, and now we will have a much nicer, open venue to boot! With the #1 beach in America close by, the activities of an international tourist destination and close proximity to the finest theme parks, this next Summit should prove to be the best yet for the entire family. Perhaps one of you high rollers can step up and donate 20K and we can eliminate the registration fee once again :) (Seriously, if you know someone that could, contact our donation chair, Rick Junkin, we can work with that!)

The semantics and details of the registration will be available soon. Now, more than ever, the Summit will be an important event not to be missed.

• Like 7

As much as I would have loved to continue the Mooney Summit in Panama City Beach next year, the space available to grow the summit was just not there.  I enjoyed donating all my condos and homes in the past and would have next year but Tampa Airport Authority wanted to host the summit in the future and made a very kind donation to the event.  The board was unanimous in its decision to move it to Tampa. I greatly appreciate all the efforts the people at KECP and especially at Sheltair has done for us to make the Mooney Summit the event it is.  

• Like 12

As with all things in life, as we grow we need to adapt to the changing circumstances around us.  The Mooney Summit has grown from a little dream in someones eye to what it is now with sponsors and talkers lining up to present.  I am excited to see this growth continuing and us moving to a new location in order to accommodate it.  I cant wait to be there with you next year, the moment the flights open im booking our tickets.  May I suggest that the organisers list hotels etc in the area.  The earlier we can book those the cheaper they are, we are all CB Mooney owners after all.
Andrew
We will be working with Tampa airport authority soon to get the host hotel setup and have more info soon, Andrew. We have interest from you, Australia, Switzerland, Canada and even California! :) This should be the best one yet!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2