A&P needed near Savannah for prebuy

MS Mooney

Greetings,

I'm new to Mooney Space and hoping to be flying my own Mooney soon.  I'm looking for an A&P that may be available in the Savannah Georgia area for a prebuy inspection.  My preference would be to have someone travel to where the aircraft is based.  Thanks for you suggestions.

Welcome to Mooneyspace.  You may find that getting a traveling A&P for a PPI will be challenging.  Most of the good ones are busy at home in their shops.  Being able to move the plane to a shop may have better results.

Clarence

If there is no A&P where the plane is based with good Mooney experience, I would just look for the best A&P on the field (or immediate area) and then do your own research on the specific things to look for based on the model you are buying.  The people on MS are usually more than happy to give you some pointers if asked.  What kind of Mooney are you looking at?

The seller should be willing to fly the plane to a MSC for a proper PPI.

AGL @ KMRN does a lot of them. Today they did one for a buyer from Philadelphia. The plane was based in GA. Clean PPI on a nice C resulted in closing sale and continuing into an annual.

Normally a PPI can be done in one day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am the buyer that @Bob_Belville is referring to.  I cannot speak highly enough of AGL and would agree with the recommendation that you go there.  They found a number of issues that I am sure a non-Mooney shop would have missed, but nothing where it made sense to cancel the sale.  No 50 year on airplane will be perfect, but you are looking for items that cost thousands to repair, not hundreds, and a non-Mooney shop might not know the problem areas to look at.  A pre purchase inspection  at a place of your choosing should be a condition of the sale.  If the seller won't do that, it would be a good decision to find a different airplane.

It certainly sucked waiting a few weeks for the seller to be available to make this trip after signing a purchase agreement.  However, an airplane is a long term and very expensive purchase that can have hidden issues that cost more that the value of the airframe to repair.

• Like 2