Finally - our '66 E went in for a GNX 375 and G5 upgrade

Baby steps on the panel upgrade, but at least we'll have a functional GPS and ADS-B out compliance.  Yay!  We just dropped her off today and I'll post pics and a PIREP when she's done.  We're in Williams AZ (KCMR) and the work's being done at Legend Aviation in Prescott (KPRC). 

Screen Shot 2019-10-27 at 8.26.56 PM.png

Way to go, Ross...

You have opened the door... somebody is going to want to help you spend more money! :)

Since you are in there...   How about another color screen... :)

How long do you expect the project install to take, as of today...?

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

Haha... suggestions to spend more!  Love it, though.  I didn't know about the OAT module, but it looks cool and isn't much $$.  But, at this point, we're settled on what's being put in now.  It should be done this Friday - fingers crossed!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Update:  As we hit the one-month mark, I thought I'd post an update... especially in light of the question about how long I expected this to take.  Well, 3353X is still in the shop and they don't expect they'll be done until Dec 6-8 now.  This has taken much longer than expected...

I know avionics shops are busy right now, but (based on the limited updates from the shop) I get the feeling our bird's spending a lot of time sitting there while other projects get worked on.

Anyway, once we get her back I'll post some pics and impressions of the new equipment. Soon, I hope!  

11 hours ago, Ross Taylor said:

Update:  As we hit the one-month mark, I thought I'd post an update... especially in light of the question about how long I expected this to take.  Well, 3353X is still in the shop and they don't expect they'll be done until Dec 6-8 now.  This has taken much longer than expected...

I know avionics shops are busy right now, but (based on the limited updates from the shop) I get the feeling our bird's spending a lot of time sitting there while other projects get worked on.

Anyway, once we get her back I'll post some pics and impressions of the new equipment. Soon, I hope!  

My 65 E dual G5 and GNX375 install is pushing 90 days, but there were other issues to deal with along the way......

Maybe next week.47797085_Finishedpanel.jpg.e556f24082b703f110dd7426b97adeee.jpg