Blue Haze, Aviation Photos, and the RGB Curve

211º

For those with iPads and/or Macs (and there is probably a PC method, but I'm just not aware of it).

I (like everyone) try to capture the views that we see from the front left seat, but am frequently disappointed how the camera didn't auto correct like my eyes/brain combination for haze and blue tints.

Here is a link of a procedure to remove the blue haze and to get the photo to real colors.

http://www.photoble.com/photoshop-tutorials/getting-rid-of-haze-in-photos/

And here is a before and after...IMG_6255.thumb.jpeg.c4422bcf23c31fd80a4f4110915b443f.jpeg

IMG_6254.jpeg

• Like 3

Photoshop is an interesting app/program...

They went to the cloud and offered subscription like services... (low cost, not having to buy the .5amu program...)

The next challenge... it does so much magic... you may need to be a graphic artist to make it work... :)

The pics look great!

Modern phones are getting better with their camera skills as well...

211° what phone/camera did you use for the pic?

Best regards,

-a-

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot photos using a fairly high end amateur camera and save the images in RAW format (no in camera processing or data loss). I am then able to process the image using Adobe Lightroom or Photoshop. When shooting with my iPhone X the image is processed in-camera and saved as a .jpg file that is compressed and there is significant data loss. The .jpg file can be porocessed again in Lightroom, but because of the data loss from compression to a .jpg file, the final image is not as good as one processed from a RAW file.

There may be a way to have an iPhone save an image as a RAW file or DNC digital negative, but I have not found it yet. 

Just as an aside, there's an open-source app I've used for years in place of Photoshop: https://www.getpaint.net/

It is not Photoshop, by any stretch of the imagination, but I've found it'll do everything I've needed to do.  That would include loading RAW and tweaking the color balance of an image.

Enjoy!

• Like 1