SoCal Mooney maintenance

Gavin Woodman

Hi Gavin.

Based on my years of experience with, and observations of, Coastal Valley Aviation at SMX, I recommend them.

Speak to Phil Kirkham, owner.  CVA is not a Mooney service center.  However, the shop certainly does have plenty of Mooney experience with many, many models over their years of operation.

I trust this shop.

Hi Gavin.  Coast is the new Mooney Service Center at KMYF.  Their mechanics came over from CrownAir after they shut down their maintenance department.  They have great attention to detail and I have been very pleased with the quality of the work on my plane.

Hi Eli, what model Mooney do you have? I need to do an engine setup to my Tsio-520 and from my experience about 1 in 1000 mechanics have any clue on how to properly get it done. The Mooney “experts” I’ve dealt have completely fouled up my setup and now I need to start at square one. 

Edited by Gavin Woodman

Setting up the Rocket engine is as complex as it gets... for Mooneys.

But... since the engine has been borrowed from a certain twin...

Does that open up any possibilities for engine set-up?

PP thinking out loud, but only got half a thought...

Best regards,

-a-

22 minutes ago, Gavin Woodman said:

Hi Eli, what model Mooney do you have? I need to do an engine setup to my Tsio-520 and from my experience about 1 in 1000 mechanics have any clue on how to properly get it done. The Mooney “experts” I’ve dealt have completely fouled up my setup and now I need to start at square one. 

I have a 201 so it's a simple IO360.  I'd give them a call and see their expertise with that engine.  Failing that, you might want to give Gibbs Aircraft Service Center - they have Lyle there who is an expert A&P who may be able to help.  Good luck.