McRib is back, or what is the most ridiculous excuse you made to go flying

lotsofgadgets

47 minutes ago, DonMuncy said:

To drift the thread a little further, how many remember Grapette in 6 oz bottles.

I do!  Oh crap, I think I just dated myself :P  My family and I lived for a year in Taiwan in the mid 70's, and it was pretty popular there

1 minute ago, jaylw314 said:

I do!  Oh crap, I think I just dated myself :P  My family and I lived for a year in Taiwan in the mid 70's, and it was pretty popular there

Mid 70's? We drank Grapette in the mid 40s. 

We are fortunate to have Triple Tree nearby. When there is a fly in there we drive the 20 minutes(every airport seems to be 20 minutes)to the airport to get the plane.  Flying the "arrival procedures,' etc takes a good thirty more minutes.  We could drive there in thirty but the Mooney would be disappointed if we left her in the hangar.  :)

• Like 1

I have the opposite story.  When I was young CFI one of my students got his hands on his bosses T34.  I was young and stupid and dating a smoken hot blonde.   The choice was T34 or a night of low moral standards.   It’s been over 20 years and I have never had the chance to get inside a T34 again.  I dated the blonde for 5 years but I still think about the T34.

• Like 1

When I need an excuse to fly, I'll fly to an airport with cheaper gas that is a 1/2 hour away and fill up. 

I also will fly 15 minutes to Aircraft Spruce's Canadian location just to "save" the shipping charges.

On 10/26/2019 at 10:13 AM, thinwing said:
On 10/26/2019 at 8:14 PM, N201MKTurbo said:

You must be able to get it around here, most of the taco shops have it. 

I think there is an underground supply chain that caters to taco shops and such...

Fiesta