Mooney m20m lighting switches

pkofman

M20m- 1998

Might seem  like a silly  question, but I dont fly my plane much at night during the summer ,but now that it is getting dark here early  here in canada I have a question,

Are the light switches above  the glareshield supposed to be backlit

I honestly cant recall ( btw backlighting switches on full)

For some reason there is no backlighting working in my plane on those switches, we have already had the conversation on mooneyspace about the clock which is not lit at night.

clock is a piece of SH^%$%^*&&^!....T , im going to replace it at annual

the plane goes for annual in about 3 weeks so ill get all this lighting stuff sorted out but for now it seems to not be working

I know some of you will know the answer to this simple questions.

Peter

2 hours ago, pkofman said:

M20m- 1998

Might seem  like a silly  question, but I dont fly my plane much at night during the summer ,but now that it is getting dark here early  here in canada I have a question,

Are the light switches above  the glareshield supposed to be backlit

I honestly cant recall ( btw backlighting switches on full)

For some reason there is no backlighting working in my plane on those switches, we have already had the conversation on mooneyspace about the clock which is not lit at night.

clock is a piece of SH^%$%^*&&^!....T , im going to replace it at annual

the plane goes for annual in about 3 weeks so ill get all this lighting stuff sorted out but for now it seems to not be working

I know some of you will know the answer to this simple questions.

Peter

You should be able to see them at night.  They're light around the edges.  It wouldn't make sense not to light them.