New 2Us M20J is Finally Home!

Derek

Flying precisely 1.2 Vso (+1/-0 KIAS) using my little table has helped me to make consistently smooth landings without much float, stall horn audible 1-2 seconds in the flare.

Of course, that speed is achieved over the fence, not needed to carry it the last mile or so.

2 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

I bow down to your obsessive level of detail :P

Congratulations on the new bird!  Nice to see a couple new 201 owners here!  That's a pretty fast bird, I usually only get around 146 KTAS with 9.0 gph LOP

Wow! My C flies at J speed???

20191004_152044.thumb.jpg.18fa02e40d1e61482af0dc977bdae6f8.jpg

Edited by Hank
  • Haha 1

I bow down to your obsessive level of detail 
Congratulations on the new bird!  Nice to see a couple new 201 owners here!  That's a pretty fast bird, I usually only get around 146 KTAS with 9.0 gph LOP

First, the performance table is at standard conditions, personally I never see those temperatures. Second, the Eco mixture is 25° ROP, not LOP. I see similar speeds as you at 9.0gph.

Tom
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ArtVandelay said:

First, the performance table is at standard conditions, personally I never see those temperatures. Second, the Eco mixture is 25° ROP, not LOP. I see similar speeds as you at 9.0gph.

Tom

Oooooooh, I missed that part! :) 

On 10/28/2019 at 1:37 PM, Fry said:

In cruise at 8000 or so, I leave the throttle fully open and tune the mixture to the maximum power availble up to 75% (another table helps here, I am attaching that too). Cool CHTs, little oil usage, what else could I dream of?

I don't wanna open the eternal LOP discussion. But without a trustworthy "knock"sensor, consider flying LOP only with 65% power or less, or go back to ROP. That's what I learned from Mike Bush's studies on the subject. LOP and 75% may just be borderline to serious trouble, and affect your engine's lifetime. Are you using an engine monitor ?