door seals

larrynimmo

8D819A11-115C-44FB-82FA-0F70E285717B.jpeg

See if this is the same thing... plate says ‘1949’

I snapped the pic while cruising up to Bar Harbor.  The airport and the harbor are pretty close together...

Snapped spline shaft sounds like a Mooney landing gear motor challenge...

it is important to select the right materials, and finish the process, to avoid getting the stress magnifiers...

in ‘49 less was known about stress magnification. Machining wasn’t nearly as finished as it is today. It is easy to leave rough surfaces that can initiate a crack...

PP aviation thoughts, stretched a bit... :)

Best regards,

-a-

• Like 1

On 10/31/2019 at 3:06 PM, Seth said:

I used some basic foam weatherstripping to help the door seal.  Amazing and inexpensive.  I followed the advice of people on here for that (I think Jose).

My wife no long feels a draft and it's much quieter in the cabin.  Best $4.00 I spent.

Yes, it may not be legally compliant.

-Seth

Seth, can you upload a photo?   I bought the expensive seal from knots-2-u and I did backstop it with some of the foam stuff where the door is vertical along the hinge.  But, it still makes a lot of noise in the upper left hand side (inside looking out).   How did you apply the foam to help?  Thx.