1975 MOONEY F Model

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for a Mooney F model built in 1975... I have 1974 but can’t find it for my serial range. 

My battery master is turning itself on or not turning itself off and we have replaced switch, solenoid (twice), and ground wire running from solenoid to master switch and the issue is still happening. 

I need to know if there is something else in the system that could be “grounding” itself on. Maybe somehow in the avionics bar and it’s feeding back to the battery master  switch or is there something else we are missing. 

I am now at  22+ hours of A&P time and we still can’t figure it out. You can imagine that...! Any help very greatly appreciated. 

Don Maxwell was saying ground wire to solenoid so that’s why we replaced that but no dice... 

The reason you can't find a wiring diagram for your 75 is because there is none. Your airplane is one of the transition airplanes Mooney was experimenting on with various systems before the J model came out. Your plane will have things that neither the vintage nor the J model has. For instance, your four warning lights in the glare shield.

I took pictures of my wiring diagram that came with my airplane and found it to be pretty close. Hopefully this will help you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jSufrHhoKAEqbVzZ7

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here it is. I got it from Mooney directly because I was in the same boat as you. Non of the wiring harness number matched and there are slight differences. 

Since I paid for the all the lot of manuals when I got my airplane, there was a blurb in there that not all model electrical diagrams are included and that I would need to contact Mooney to get the one specific for my airplane.

cheers. 

sci-800269l-0.pdf

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, spectre6573 said:

Here it is. I got it from Mooney directly because I was in the same boat as you. Non of the wiring harness number matched and there are slight differences. 

Since I paid for the all the lot of manuals when I got my airplane, there was a blurb in there that not all model electrical diagrams are included and that I would need to contact Mooney to get the one specific for my airplane.

cheers. 

sci-800269l-0.pdf 524.65 kB · 2 downloads

Thank you so much!!! This is a lifesaver. 

19 hours ago, Guitarmaster said:

The reason you can't find a wiring diagram for your 75 is because there is none. Your airplane is one of the transition airplanes Mooney was experimenting on with various systems before the J model came out. Your plane will have things that neither the vintage nor the J model has. For instance, your four warning lights in the glare shield.

I took pictures of my wiring diagram that came with my airplane and found it to be pretty close. Hopefully this will help you.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/jSufrHhoKAEqbVzZ7

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Thank you, this is useful info, I also have a different flap switch than other F models.

Although thanks to spectre 6573 I was able to find the wiring diagram. 

• Like 1

My battery master is turning itself on or not turning itself off and we have replaced switch, solenoid (twice), and ground wire running from solenoid to master switch and the issue is still happening.

Battery solenoid is pretty simple.  It always is connected to the positive battery power and the master switch provides a ground for the coil in the solenoid. Is anything touching the switch terminal intermittently?