Low boost not working

Austintatious

3 minutes ago, Austintatious said:

Hey everyone.  My low boost is not functioning.  High boost works just fine.   As I understand it the only difference is a resister in the circuit for the low boost.  So I suspect it has gone bad.  Where is this located?  Or could it be something else ?

Thanks!

Could be the switch. It might be easier to check before locating the resistor.

I had the same issue, but all of the rambling from here forward is based on an ovation, so take it for what it is worth.  Summary is low boost didnt work, heard a clicking noise under passenger footwell, some type of control board in a small box, extremely easy to get to.  Don maxwell is able to repair the board level components relatively cheaply.  The other internet rumor i will add is that this board goes bad when too much draw from the boost pump, so Don recommended i also replace pump, which i didn't and going on 2 years now.  There is also a procedure to adjust this box tonget proper fuel pressure, again all ovation related info.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, FloridaMan said:

Should be a resistor that looks like a hot dog by your knee. Mine supposedly wasn’t working in my rocket and it ended up being a combination of the batteries and fuel pump failing. Old fuel pump showed maybe 3gph on prime. New one is around 18gph. 

Thanks for the LOC on the resister, should be easy to check it with a meter.

The fuel pump is STRONG so I don't think that is the issue/