Houston area owners

cjm005

Evening all.  I'm a recently new PPL, about 100 hours now flying mostly PA28-161 and PA28-181.  I'm looking for the next logical purchase as flying often and renting isn't my deal, and I'm looking to start IFR training in the Spring.  I'm leaning towards a C model, want the johnson bar gear and the Mooney Zoom.  I had been going back and forth between the Cherokee 180 and the M20C but I'm pretty much sold on the Mooney.  Anyone in the Houston area (home base is KDWH) have a M20C or other short body I could look at?  Mission profile is usually either myself alone (50% of the time) or my wife and 4 year old rest of the time.  I'm mostly interested to see in person how the interior would fit compared to the Archer II I'm flying.  We're not super big folks .. I'm 5'10 200 pounds and my wife is about 5'7 and 140 pounds.  

Look forward to learning from everyone.  I'd been really keen to find out if anyone has or knows of a partnership that might be available in Houston.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard, CJM.

Congrats on making your first step in the right direction...

The M20C is a great first plane to haul a young family to grandma’s house 200nms away...

You will be there in an hour and a half, in place of driving for 5 hours... and stopping to change diapers...

Let the great new memories begin...

Many MSers purchased their first Mooney after about 100hrs of renting.   Enough time to get the PPL, and realize there are better ways to fly than renting...

PP thoughts only, not a CFI...

Go Mooney!

Best regards,

-a-

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...