Rivet size and type

I'm looking for some reference of rivet size and types for a M20F. I've looked in the parts manual, aircraft maintenance manual...ect.... And all over the internet. I'm an AP also with alot of sheet metal exp. I just have some projects coming up on one and I know the areas I need to work on are. I just dont want to wait tell I have the plane in front of me to figure out the size and type. I would like to find out what they are ahead of time so I don't have any surprises and can have them on hand. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Michael Monce said:

I'm looking for some reference of rivet size and types for a M20F. I've looked in the parts manual, aircraft maintenance manual...ect.... And all over the internet. I'm an AP also with alot of sheet metal exp. I just have some projects coming up on one and I know the areas I need to work on are. I just dont want to wait tell I have the plane in front of me to figure out the size and type. I would like to find out what they are ahead of time so I don't have any surprises and can have them on hand. Any help would be appreciated. 

Following this thread with interest...

I could not find a rivet size reference for my recent project. You might just have to order up a buffet lengths in -3, -4, and -5.

Michael,

See if you can get a copy of the parts and service manuals for your plane... there may be copies in the download section...

If not, Mooney has been pretty generous about handing out electronic copies... recently.

no... unfortunately, I do not know if any rivets are detailed in any of the two manuals... :)

Best regards,

-a-

2 hours ago, jaylw314 said:

You need WAY more cleco's :)  

Years ago I went to an public auction of a local aero-space company, there were 4 or 5 big wood boxes (pallet size) full of 1,000's of assorted sizes of cleco's. When they came up for bids they said it was being sold as one "lot". I can't remember what the winning bid was, but it was around $200.00 or so

• 5 months later...
On 10/18/2019 at 8:47 PM, RLCarter said:

Rivets are cheap, I built this kit and should cover anything I should need

C50E35A3-9D88-4474-9BB6-957A0072B329.thumb.jpeg.7b8de4437319522b47f0538554ff6d7e.jpeg

Question- where did you order those assorted sizes of rivets in small lot sizes?   Spruce only sells them in larger lots of about 1000.  Thx.

16 minutes ago, 0TreeLemur said:

Question- where did you order those assorted sizes of rivets in small lot sizes?   Spruce only sells them in larger lots of about 1000.  Thx.

Aircraft Spruce, the minimum qty is 1/8 lb. or .13, you enter the qty as a decimal 

• Thanks 1