Garmin G500 PFD red tint

NotarPilot

5 minutes ago, MIm20c said:

Everything on the screens speed/position/attitude is still initiating so I’m guessing the pfd will turn red if enough systems are still off line. Probably to make sure the pilot starts looking somewhere else for the info. 

No, we have two AC with G500s and this one only started doing this recently progressively getting worse.  The other one doesn’t do this on initialization and looks the normal colors.  It also remains tinted red like this during flight.

3 hours ago, carusoam said:

Typical color screen failure...

Does it work normally and just suffer from bad color control?

Or is there a larger problem, and the device isn’t working properly either?

PP thoughts only, not an instrument tech...

Best regards,

-a-

Works fine except for the color issue. I’ll have to see if Garmin has a flat fee to fix the G500.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NotarPilot said:

Works fine except for the color issue. I’ll have to see if Garmin has a flat fee to fix the G500.

Please share the cost when you find out.  The Avidyne pfd’s are really expensive to repair, wondering where Garmin falls for repairs. 

On 10/22/2019 at 5:47 PM, Mark89114 said:

I dont know if that is cheap or not anymore....

Not too bad!! Have your Avionics Shop go into Maintenance mode to see if it does it there as well.  If not, have them replace the Config module.  Weird issues like this can be caused by a bad config module.  Just a shot

On 10/22/2019 at 5:47 PM, Mark89114 said:

I dont know if that is cheap or not anymore....

wow ... Garmin can't help  a customer out :-O

it is not as if that aren't making money off you already with nav data every 28 days. And to boot we the tax payers are subsidizing the data portion. I am certain that Garmin has some sort of data daemon the gets data formats puts it's on the server without human interaction. So only thing that Garmin is really paying for is the power and the server, network and maintenance. Oh I forgot some lawyer's salary and pension.;-]

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2019 at 4:33 AM, jamesm said:

wow ... Garmin can't help  a customer out :-O

it is not as if that aren't making money off you already with nav data every 28 days. And to boot we the tax payers are subsidizing the data portion. I am certain that Garmin has some sort of data daemon the gets data formats puts it's on the server without human interaction. So only thing that Garmin is really paying for is the power and the server, network and maintenance. Oh I forgot some lawyer's salary and pension.;-]

I am sorry about that, maybe look at alternatives.  There are some out there.